Skip navigation
AndrewHISC
Currently Being Moderated

During Import and Export, Mavericks' Finder dialogue (save as) box disappears.

Oct 29, 2013 11:51 AM

Tags: #video #export #crash #import #finder #media_encoder #premiere_pro_cc #mavericks

When I am trying to change the name and location of a video export from Premiere Pro CC in Mavericks, the Finder dialogue box that comes up to choose the location disappears when I attempt to browse for a new location.  This happens in Adobe Media Encoder as well.  Does not happen in After Effects or any other application from what I can tell so far.  Import dialogue box has a similar problem.  My OS and CC stuff is all up to date including the After Effects 12.0.1 patch.  Submitted a bug report to Adobe.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 29, 2013 12:07 PM   in reply to AndrewHISC

Go back to http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere and enter

mavericks

in the area just under Ask a Question... You may now read all the previous discussions of mavericks... be sure to click the See More Results at the bottom of the initial, short list if the initial list does not answer your question

There have been a LOT of recent discussions of problems with mavericks

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 9:21 AM   in reply to AndrewHISC

I was talking to someone on another team today and they said that this might be an issue with cover flow in the finder view of hte (save as) dialog.  If you think this applies to you, switch to list or grid view and see if that changes anything.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2013 9:44 AM   in reply to Charles VW

this situation is back in full force with both CC and CS6 apps on the mac with thunderbolt drives and Mavericks.   The finder dialogue box crashes, REGARDLESS of list or icon view setting, AND being sure that no finder window is using coverflow or tabs.   Right now, both suites are non-functional on rMBP 2.8ghz Retina, 16gb ram 650m.  It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm selecting SSD, raid drive or attached USB 3.0 drive. 

The dialogue crashes when trying to select another drive or folder within a drive either in import, or preferences. After it crashes the preference window is unavailable, the quit menu grayed out forcing a force quit. 

Hope they can fix, would love to use the products again.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 7:31 AM   in reply to Tony Pfau

I'm having the same issues and noticed the only way around the import issue is to restart Premiere and then open a finder window and DRAG the files into the project window.  SO FRUSTRATING!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 8:00 AM   in reply to ChristinaG2013

I took the Lacie Thundebolt esata hub out of the chaing then repatched the drives so that they don't come from the thunderbolt daisy change patch on the back of the thunderbolt display and the issue isn't happening.  The Adobe Suites are the only apps that were having the issue.  

So This config works:  MBP TB1--->Lacie Raid Drives Then  MBP TB2-->TBolt Display->BM Ultrastudio Express

This does not work with Adobe  MBP TB1-->TBolt Display --->Thunderbolt Drives   MBP TB2--->either T-Tap or MB Ultrastudio Express

Of course, now the problem is that the video cards must be connected either from the back of the Thunderbolt display or the end of the drive daisy chain.  The drag would be for those having only one T-bolt port on the MBP.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points