Skip navigation
BigBoy
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro CC doesn't recognize Radeon HD 6750M 1Gb

Oct 29, 2013 5:17 PM

Tags: #problem #issue #premiere #radeon_6750m

Hey guys,

I dk what to do, I've searched every single forum possible, Premiere Pro CC doesn't see Radeon HD 6750M, but it has this video card in the list of the supported cards.

I have a laptop HP DV6-6135dx with A8-3500M (four cores), 6Gb RAM and two graphic cards (one of them is on the chipset I believe so) AMD Radeon HD 6620G and AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1Gb, Windows 7 64bit

What could be possibly wrong? I've tried to disable 6620G but it didn't work.. I only have one option in project settings which is Mercury SOFTWARE ONLY.

Any help would be so much appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 30, 2013 9:06 AM   in reply to BigBoy

Hi,

Having similar problem with my AMD Radeon HD 7950, despite it supporting Open CL Adobe's GPUsniffer program does not recognise it as being capable of GPU computation - despite my card also being listed by Adobe as supporting GPU acceleration, My card is ASUS and their support staff said AMD cards DO NOT support Open CL.

GPU Caps Viewer says my card support Open CL version 1.2 AMD-APP (1348.4) Full-Profile - don't know if the problem is these AMD cards do not run a "true" version of Open CL and the AMD variant is incompatible with GPU computation in the MPE.

GPU-z also says Open CL is supported by my card.

The footnotes in the specifications of the card say the AMD-APP technology may need additional things to fully implement it in some cards. Unhelpfully it does not say which cards or what the extra requirements are!!!!

I guess you have not asked any of the Adobe tech people what the problem might be. If you do can you post their response I'd love to know the solution.

Sorry I dont have an answer but maybe my experience might give you some other ideas to try.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 3:16 PM   in reply to BigBoy

Are you sure the card has 1GB dedicated memory, actually installed on the card?  Shared memory won't count.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 3:15 PM   in reply to BigBoy

>thought they're reading this forum and will help us

There are "some" Adobe employees who read here, but not on a minute by minute basis

Next link has a "Chat Now" button near the bottom

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivat ion-products.html

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 3:32 PM   in reply to BigBoy

We do read this forum on a regular basis but it's not always immediate help.

So, my first thoughts are along the same lines as Jim - we need 1 GB of onboard memory, not shared.  If the card has that much dedicated memory, than I would ask if you could completely uninstall the driver then reinstall the newest version.  If we're having difficulty reading the driver properly, this could cause the system to not load the OpenCL system.  At the same time, make sure Premiere Pro is fully updated, as well as making sure the OS is fully updated.

Finally, if all that is not helping, in the directory "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC", there is an executable called GPUSniffer.  If you could run that file in a command line, and copy the results into a text file and attach it to a post, we might be able to see what is happening.  This program is what tells Premiere Pro what type of video card is located on your system.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 3:39 PM   in reply to BigBoy

Ah, the joys of embedded graphics.

I do wish they'd just go back to letting us completely disable those in the BIOS.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 3:47 PM   in reply to BigBoy

I would uninstall the driver and reinstall.  Inside the catalyst driver, you may be able to turn off "Switchable Graphics" which can fix the issue as well.

However, I can safely say that the reason why we're not using OpenCL is because the system is not reporting the other card to us.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2013 3:55 PM   in reply to BigBoy

Looks good - just make sure to leave the system in performance and not power saving mode.  That will force the 6750M to always be used with Premiere Pro.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 6:33 PM   in reply to BigBoy

Can you elaborate more on what "video is slow in the program" means?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 1:18 PM   in reply to BigBoy

There is a history of issues using Lumetri and OpenCL.  It's why I recommend turning GPU acceleration off when using that effect, and why I still recommend people go with nVidia at this point.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 6:56 PM   in reply to BigBoy

Glad your problem has been solved - mine remains unresolved and the chat room support was not helpful sorry to say.

I have a single card - ASUS HD 7950 with 3GB memory - however GPU sniffer says no card which supports GPU calculation is present. GPU-z says Open CL is supported - ASUS GPU Tweak says Open CL is not available - GPU Caps Viewer says Open CL is supported. I have re-installed all the latest drivers but still PrmPro will not recognise my card.

I am using CS6 so have used the fix of putting my cards details in the txt file open cl cards.txt

ASUS support said Open CL was not supported which I challenged and they came back saying "It is AMD driver issue - we have deleted the function" I cannot believe they have deleted Open CL driver from their software. In any case I am using the drivers from the AMD site and they list the open CL driver version which is included.

Adobe list my card as supporting GPU computation but clearly something is not quite right. If Greg or Jim or anyone can help me solve this I'd be most grateful.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 7:18 PM   in reply to BigBoy

it happens not only when I'm using Lumetri, it happens all the time

Try using some standardized camera-generated media instead of Blu-ray rips.  How's the performance then?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 7:19 PM   in reply to Burnfield

I am using CS6 so have used the fix of putting my cards details in the txt file open cl cards.txt

I don't believe that will work. OpenCL wasn't supported at all on Windows until CC.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 9:12 PM   in reply to BigBoy

tried to put some standart media into Premiere CC and the problem was still there

What media?  From where specifically?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2013 11:10 AM   in reply to BigBoy

Try a real video camera.  What kind of performance do you see then?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2013 1:44 PM   in reply to BigBoy

Tried a while ago.

Things have changed.  Try again.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2013 8:04 PM   in reply to BigBoy

OK.

Try with a DV camera, or an HDV camera, or an AVCHD camera.  So far, you've tested nothing but oddball video.  I want to test something standard here.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2013 8:59 AM   in reply to BigBoy

OK.

You have a MiniDV camera available?  And you captured some footage from that within the last couple of days?  You've not converted that footage into anything else?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2013 9:03 AM   in reply to BigBoy

Excellent.

Any chance I can get you to make a new video showing the issue with those clips (and only those clips)?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2013 10:56 AM   in reply to BigBoy

One of the effects you are using, Lighting Effects, is not GPU accelerated.

Only effects with this icon:

GPU.jpg

are going to be accelerated.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2013 1:40 PM   in reply to BigBoy

Not all effects will have the same effect.  Lighting Effects is a very intensive effect that cannot be easily accelerated with the GPU.  That's where looking at the color coded render bar helps - yellow means it shouldn't need rendering.  Red means it may.  In this case, the red bar was well earned.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2013 3:15 PM   in reply to BigBoy

Glad we could help.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers