Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash installer crashes on OS X 10.9 Mavericks

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to install Flash Player on OS X 10.9 (clean install of Mavericks).

The install file is AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_11_ltrosxd_aaa_aih.dmg just downloaded from the Adobe website, so Version 11.9.900.117.

Mavericks has been clean installed after formatting the hard drive. All Mavericks updates have been completed.

The crash log is here.

I've run a disk check, repair permissions, even re-installed the entire OS (not clean this time, just over the top).

I've run update_dyld_shared_cache -force, redownloaded the installer many times, run the uninstaller (in case the Adobe CS6 suite installed a copy with it), rebooted, tried the installer again.

I've run out of things to try, and can't find anyone else reporting similar problems (Mavericks hasn't been out that long!)

I'd appreciate any advice for further testing, or any help interpreting the log file as I couldn't spot anything useful in it.

Thanks for any help you can give.

--Jakra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Have you done a "clean install" of Flash Player?

How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you done a "clean install" of Flash Player?

How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. I'd done all those steps except for using the installer from the other location. The installer from the link you gave works, the installer from adobe's own site does not (on this particular machine at this particular time with this particular OS)

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's because the installer that most people use ISN'T a full installer. It's what they call a "stub" installer, and has to download the rest of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines