Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-Promote Participants to Presenters is not working

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm new to Adobe Connect and we are test driving it to see if we should use it for trainging as part of our virtual classrooms.

So far I'm really excited by what I see as it seems to be much more training oriented than WebEx.

However, I've come across a really big stumbling block.

I want students to contribute and share without having to individually promote them to presenters.

I found the option under 'Manage Access & Entry' to 'Auto-Promote Participants to Presenters' and thought this issue was solved.

However, it worked the first time I tested it but ever since it does not work.

When someone logs in as a guest they are logged in as a participant and NOT promoted to Presenter.

I've created a new meeting room with the same results.

I've specified that anyone can log in with the link and the 'Auto-Promote' is definately on.

Any ideas about why this is not working?

Many thanks,

Aimee

TOPICS
Training

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are using the Meeting Host licensing. This requires that a member of the Meeting Host group must be present in the meeting to fully activate the room functionality. The simple version of that is that no one will have higher than Participant rights until a member of the Meeting Host group joins. Once that condition is satisfied, then all other attendees will be promoted to Presenter, since you have the auto-promote function on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jorma,

Is there a different license type that would allow participants to interact even before the Host has joined?

Thanks,

Aimee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Concurrent User model would be what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines