Skip navigation
kmollsIRS
Currently Being Moderated

How do I update Dreamweaver to 12.1?

Oct 31, 2013 9:11 AM

I chatted with Adobe support and they sent me to the forums.

They said I should receive 12.1 automatically, but I have been using 12 for months. 

When I go to Help>Update it says it's up to date.

Any one know how to update manually?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 31, 2013 9:13 AM   in reply to kmollsIRS

12.1 is Cloud only.

If you have the Disk version of DWCS6, you can't upgrade to 12.1.

Or are you having trouble upgrading your subscription version to 12.1?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 9:34 AM   in reply to kmollsIRS

There are two versions of DWCS6, a Perpetual License version (normally a disk, but can be a download) and the Cloud Subscription version.

The perpetual license version didn't go past 12.0x.

The Cloud version goes to 12.1. That is one of the "benefits" to a subscription, more updates, more often.

DWCC (the actual current version of DW) is Dreamweaver 13.x.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 9:57 AM   in reply to kmollsIRS

12.1 is just for a different version of the program than the one you have is all.

It really could have been designated version 13 for all the interface changes and deleted functions it had compared to 12.0x.

The switch had the forums hopping with ticked off customers, because Adobe really didn't do a very good job of announcing the differences very well.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 10:38 AM   in reply to kmollsIRS

Sorry, I don't work with Edge at all, so I'm not familiar with the process to add that to an html page.

If you start a new thread on the subject, I'm sure someone will be able to answer you pretty quickly though.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 5:26 PM   in reply to kmollsIRS

Depends what software you use. If, like me, you only use two of the Adobe programs, then CC is a very expensive option. Yesterday I found that despite my not having subscribed to CC, adobe installed a copy of it on my machine, all set to be activated if I clicked on it and filled in my details.

if you want to use all the programs provided by Adobe (and I cannot magine that anyone would have the time or the inclination to learn them all) then CC would be a very good option. If not, you are stuck, like me and lots of others with Version 12. After 10 years of upgrades!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2013 8:34 PM   in reply to kmollsIRS

Hi kmollslRS,

If you are interested in purchasing a CC version of the software, let me know. If your purchase has been made directly from Adobe within 30 days, you can contact customer support to return it and then purchase a CC version later.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 11:44 AM   in reply to kmollsIRS

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status