Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Folder contents missing in upload + 2 other issues

Oct 31, 2013 10:51 AM

Tags: #macintosh #windows #alfresco #cmis #adobe_bridge_cc #adobe_drive_cc

I am able to upload contents through Adobe Drive's CMIS connection (5.0.1) from Adobe Bridge (CC) to Alfresco (latest public build as of this thread's start date). But, those uploads only operate in a very strict set of parameters that are not able to deliver a professional enterprise solution. We need your help, and the limiting parameters are detailed below in three circumstances.

There are three gaping problems, and they persist on Windows 7 and Mac 10.8 platforms.

The first is that Bridge stalls for >20 minutes initiatizing an upload, like waiting for the version comments dialog, on uploads that include many selected/dragged assets. No folders were involved.  (in this case, I put 283 xhtml content documents that were about 1Kb each)

The second is that Bridge stalls and crashes when trying to display Alfresco share directories with many assets in that loading directory (in this case, we are working in the Sites directory)

The third is that when folders are dragged into the Bridge interface, displaying an Alfresco share directory and being placed into it, the folder will do one of two things:

Mac - error message displays, but two files succeed 'upload' to share directory. if two files are in the folder, they commit and the error says it didn't finish. If more than two, the two commit, not the third, and the same error occurs

Windows - no error, same thing.

We are an enterprise site that uses Bridge currently and we want to use Drive in our workflow with Alfresco. If a product engineer gets this, I would be happy to speak on the phone. Server has plenty of free space, has been restarted several times, and is otherwise operating with Alfresco great. The latency here is not being experienced through WebDav or through AlfrescoSync, so we are confident that these problems are localized to the Adobe Drive product.

I'm always available!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points