Skip navigation
RobLathion
Currently Being Moderated

AE 12.1 breaks zooming with the scrollwheel

Oct 31, 2013 4:14 PM

Hi

Since the update the scrollwheel seems to "work" erratically when zooming a viewer, reacting too late and then zooming too fast. Scrolling works as it should with the other panels.

I'm on a Mac 10.8.5.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 1, 2013 12:51 PM   in reply to RobLathion

We have verified this bug internally in After Effects 12.1 on Mac OS, with a variety of mouse hardware. The problem does not occur on Windows.

The issue is related to scrolling speed. If you scroll very slowly, the scroll action is not recognized. If you scroll at a faster speed, the scrolling action is recognized. This is true for scrolling in all panels, not just viewers; it's possible you only see it in viewers because your intent to zoom via scroll requires more precision.

Apologies for the bug. We are investigating the cause and a fix. In the meantime, my recommendation is that when you need to zoom in via small increments in a viewer, use the keyboard shortcuts, or switch briefly to the Zoom tool.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 5:57 AM   in reply to Tim Kurkoski

When can we expect a fix? This is a huge slow down and causes a lot of frustration.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 10:29 AM   in reply to MartinDuparc

MartinDuparc wrote:

When can we expect a fix? This is a huge slow down and causes a lot of frustration.

I don't want to give you an expectation of a date for a fix, because as of today we have neither fixed the issue internally nor announced the details of our next release.

What I will tell you is that this bug is being worked on by one of our developers, that it is scheduled to be fixed for our next release, and that release is probably going to be out sooner than you expect.

Again, apologies for the bug and the frustrations.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 10:42 AM   in reply to Tim Kurkoski

Our next release is targeted for December. As Tim says, we can't make any promises about getting this bug fixed for that release, but it is currently being worked on at a high priority.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 8:38 AM   in reply to MartinDuparc

Ditto.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2013 9:47 AM   in reply to Stephen Barrante

Not to muddy up the topic, but the scroll wheel issue seams to be also manifesting in Premiere CC, when using the scroll wheel as a shuttle in the Program Monitor. If I spin the wheel unusually fast, I can get a few frames to advance or rewind. Any normal scrubbing is not possible.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2013 9:57 AM   in reply to Stephen Barrante

Yep. It's the same issue in all of our programs. We've got a fix for this that we're testing internally and we hope to be able to release it within a few weeks.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2013 9:44 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

This bug has been fixed in the After Effects CC (12.2) update, which was released yesterday.

Let us know how it works for you when you've tried with the updated version.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to Tim Kurkoski

That did it! Thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers