As the title suggest I would like to create a sine wave in illustrator. I know that applying the zig zag effect to a line and choosing "smooth" will create a cosine wave. But is there a simple way like that to create a sine way? Or any way at all?
Thanks for the help!
...I know that applying the zig zag effect to a line and choosing "smooth" will create a cosine wave. But is there a simple way like that to create a sine way? Or any way at all?...
I'm not sure if I understand what kind of answer you are looking for? This is the simplest and fastest way I know. There are plenty of other ways to make it for example drawing it manually with the pen it will take more time.
Yes that's the effect I used to get a cosine wave from a line. Do you know of any way to get a sine wave? I've just tried using two half circles and putting them together to form a sine wave so far. It works, but it doesn't look perfect.
1. start with the zig zag effect
2. with the scissor tool cut where the ends of the red line is - I made the rest blue to make it clear
3. delete the blue segments to get this
4. using the black pointer or scale tool stretch horizontally to match the reference
5. using the white pointer select one of the smooth anchor points, and using the Scale tool and holding Shift drag to scale constraining horizontally until the curve matches the reference
6. select the other smooth point and with the scale tool selected press the Enter key on your keyboard twice to apply the previous scale
click the image to see it larger