Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PSCC - OS X Mavericks Glitches, disappearing text, poor performance.

Nov 1, 2013 4:40 AM

Tags: #photoshop #glitches #os_x #cc #mavericks

Hey,

I've been experiencing frustrating problems with Photoshop CC, on my MacBook Pro Retina (Iris Graphics). The text disappears, erases basically, whenever I change the font or size. Every single action with text I have to undo. Change font, disappears/erases, undo etc. Happens regardless what font or size.

Also the performance is very poor, doubting it's optimised for Mavericks. If anyone has any insight how to resolve this, or is it out of my power?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 1, 2013 7:12 AM   in reply to MHeljic

You're not by chance using a Wacom Tablet are you?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 7:38 AM   in reply to MHeljic

What model macbook? A late 2013 one? 13 inch, 15 inch? Dedicated graphics or integrated?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 7:43 AM   in reply to MHeljic

And what version of Photoshop are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 7:52 AM   in reply to MHeljic

Hmm, I'm not sure about the text problem. But what I did to get PS running smoother on my system was to turn down the Graphic Processor settings to basic. It seems to help tons. Also you can play around with turning off GPU acceleration and the other check boxes. Right now I have them ticked off.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 8:08 AM   in reply to MHeljic

I'm not having any kind of text issue. I would start googling font problems in photoshop for solutions.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 8:16 AM   in reply to MHeljic

I'm running it on the same machine as you are so I believe its something on your system.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 8:19 AM   in reply to MHeljic

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 8:49 AM   in reply to MHeljic

Hi, I am experiencing a very slow performance as well when using the brush 4553 pixels  (4m x 3m, 300DPI). It takes couple seconds to dram a line. Here is my configuration: latest MacBook Pro Retina, Corei7 2.3Ghz, iRis, 16G Dram, latest CC Photoshop version, and Wacom Intuos 5.

I wonder why, as I've done the same type of drawing using Photoshop on a high-end PC Windows and it was smooth.

Any additional thoughts on how to solve my issue will be much appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 11:57 AM   in reply to lebabacool

Read other posts here on the forum. Wacom drivers in Mavericks are causing lag/hangs in Photoshop. It's also been posted on the Wacom forums.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2013 7:21 AM   in reply to MHeljic

Having the same text disapearing issue... Makes me soooooo pissed.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2013 12:09 PM   in reply to MHeljic

I'm having the same text disapearing issue too!!! Today it started in both Photoshop and an Illustrator

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2013 3:16 PM   in reply to straycatco

I am taking back my 2 new computers. This is ridiculous. Apple just lost about 5 thousand in sales.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2013 5:16 PM   in reply to MHeljic

Also having this same text dissapearing issue.  I do have wacom drivers installed but this is happening when i'm using the mouse.  Quite frustrating.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2013 7:14 AM   in reply to ChrisML

I'm experiencing  disappearing text a few seconds after selecting it.

I noticed it in Photoshop and Dreamweaver. Not sure about other apps yet. This is dangerous when working on CSS files.

It started after upgrading to Mavericks. I'm on a MacBook Pro 15" Late 2011, Apple cordless mouse and keyboard, no wacom tablet, SSD drive

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2013 8:59 AM   in reply to MHeljic

I am having the same issue with disappearing type in Photoshop CC today. It is fine for a while, then I will type in new text and cannot see it. I run a Mac desktop, OS X 10.8.5 and do not have Mavericks installed. I have a Wacom installed, but not turned on.

Any suggestions, seeing as I do NOT have Mavericks installed? I cannot keep restarting just to work on one line of type.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to Jeffrey Tranberry

The fix of turning off dicatation in Mavericks will not work for me, as I

have NOT loaded Mavericks.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2013 11:54 AM   in reply to KerryMDW

Then you need to start a new topic. This topic is on a mavericks issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 7:36 AM   in reply to MHeljic

It's an Apple bug. Here's a temporary workaround for type disappearing in Photoshop CC with Mavericks.

1. Go to System Prefs.

2. Disable the Dictation and Speech function.

3. Fixed.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 7:49 AM   in reply to MHeljic

I share the same experiences. Photoshop is performing poorly in Mavericks.

I am on the other hand using a Wacom, and I have a feeling Wacom is to blame for some of the problems. Sadly though, Wacoms claims the drivers works perfectly fine in Mavericks, so I hoping for some solution or that Adobe is trying to find out what is going on.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2013 1:05 PM   in reply to donbarrum

For what it's worth I haven't yet set up a Wacom tablet on my new retina MacBook Pro but I'm experiencing the same performance issues. So rather than blame my cheap logitech mouse I would wager there is something fundamentally wrong with graphics processor optimisation in Photoshop CC.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2013 3:28 PM   in reply to christina.rose.brown

Yes I hope someone at adobe are looking into these problems sooner rather than later. I´m having so much issues with Photoshop CC on Mavericks I´m going crazy. I generally have to quit photoshop about every 5 minute either because of white menus or white boxes or because I get constant polygonal lasso problems or other small problems, like lags etc..

I´ve tried every Wacom driver back to the first wacom driver coming to cintiq 22hd, some feels that works a bit better, then suddenly problems starts occuring again. I tried every kind of GPU settings in photoshop, even turn off gpu settings, no luck either. I even get the feeling that the high or advanced settings for the gpu in Mavericks in Photoshop isnt really working, since antialis on lasso tool only appears on the lowest graphical quality (not that it matters with the anti alias)...but this proves its not working as it should at all. So, either someone isn´t paying enough attention when testing out the software or blaming wacom drivers or OSX or whatever. But all in all, it seems a lot of people are experiencing a lot of problems, and its not hard to reproduce these bugs ( I would gladly help out if someone would care), I just wished someone working at Adobe and Wacom would work together to fix these problems quickly!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2013 1:51 PM   in reply to donbarrum

. I generally have to quit photoshop about every 5 minute either because of white menus or white boxes or because I get constant polygonal lasso problems or other small problems, like lags etc..

This is my exact issue too. I was told it may be bad RAM and I am looking in to that. I am very frustrated as I am on a tower with an SSD drive and an internal Raid Drive so this all should work very fast with no hangups.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points