Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Are Flash builder and command line compiler different?

Nov 1, 2013 6:21 AM

Tags: #problem #air #resource_bundles #ant #compilers

Hi everyone,

I've an Air SDK project which uses resource bundles and compiles fine with the Flash Builder 4.7. However, when I try to compile the same project (with the same options) using the command line compiler or ant, they both fail whining about locale and include-resource-bundles options not being fully supported. How is this possible? Are these two different compilers and if so how am I supposed to compile a resource bundle using BOTH Air SDK and Ant?

Thanks...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 1, 2013 8:58 PM   in reply to Recep Haluk Öngör

It is the same compiler, but FB passes it extra options under the covers which make it resolve paths to things slightly differently than the command line on occasion.

If you post more details of what the command line output is, folks may be able to assist.

-Alex

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2013 10:50 AM   in reply to Recep Haluk Öngör

Looks more like a library-path issue if you are trying to use the collections bundle from the SWCs.

FB puts a library path that uses the token.  Check your project properties under library-paths.  Do you have something like that in your ant script?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2013 11:54 PM   in reply to Recep Haluk Öngör

Is core.swc in the library path?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2013 4:40 PM   in reply to Recep Haluk Öngör

I just noticed you appear to be running the compiler from an AIR SDK rather than a Flex SDK, and that AIR SDK compiler may not know how to do some Flex things.  I assumed you were running MXMLC from a Flex SDK's lib folder.

-Alex

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to Recep Haluk Öngör

If you run the ASC2.0 compiler, it isn't clear that it supports Flex concepts like Resources.  But I still don't understand your configuration enough to give a definite answer.  Are you saying that in Flash Builder you can create an ActionScript-only project for AIR and use resource bundles and it works but you think you are calling the same compiler from the command line and that doesn't work?  I'm not clear for AS-only projects whether FB calls the SDK's mxmlc or not.  It may not.

The Flex resource sub-system is not lightweight or fast so it wouldn't be my first choice for games.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2013 10:01 AM   in reply to Recep Haluk Öngör

I downloaded the 3.9 AIR SDK and ran its bin/amxmlc on an AS-only project with resources and it worked for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 10:35 PM   in reply to Recep Haluk Öngör

I posted the project here: ASOnlyWithResources.zip<http://people.apache.org/~aharui/ASOnlyWithResources.zip

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 9:35 AM   in reply to Recep Haluk Öngör

I then ran the AIR SDK's bin/amxmlc with the source path of the resource bundles and it worked.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points