Skip navigation
Mikael Pettersson
Currently Being Moderated

Customize lightroom layout?

Nov 1, 2013 7:33 AM

Tags: #lightroom #costomize

It would save a lot of time for many people if lightroom would allow the user to customize the place of every slider and even make their own tabs with just the tools they use 95% of the time.

For example, I use upright on about 50 images / day. Many times, especially composite images, need some cropping/scaling and I then have to switch to another panel to do that( > manual > + scale). Just a few clicks but would be really sweet to have the two buttons side by side...

If you have used zbrush for example, the customization is really sweet.

Would be happy to see this as a new feature.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 1, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to Mikael Pettersson

Mikael Pettersson wrote:

It would save a lot of time for many people if lightroom would allow the user to customize the place of every slider and even make their own tabs with just the tools they use 95% of the time.

For example, I use upright on about 50 images / day. Many times, especially composite images, need some cropping/scaling and I then have to switch to another panel to do that( > manual > + scale). Just a few clicks but would be really sweet to have the two buttons side by side...

If you have used zbrush for example, the customization is really sweet.

Would be happy to see this as a new feature.

The holiday gifting season is coming soon. Just maybe, if you post a formal feature enhancemenet request here: LR-WISHFORM you'll find the feature in the stocking you hang on the mantel. OK, maybe not this year, but sometime.

Seriously, this is a user-to-user forum, so your request may get some "yeah, me, too!" but Adobe won't consider the request unless they get it from the wishform. However, if you ask forum members to file their own formal requests for the same feature, the quantity of requests can have some influence on the priority assigned to whether the feature or not the developers will consider it for a future version of the software.

[EDIT]

Lightroom has lots keystroke shortcuts. Have you looked for any that might be useful for this part of your workflow?

Also, because other Adobe applications can customize their keyboard commands, you might also enter a separate feature request for adding this ability to Lightroom.

[/EDIT]

In the wishform, you can make a case for the value of the feature.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

Message was edited by: peter at knowhowpro

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 1, 2013 9:18 AM   in reply to Mikael Pettersson

Nothing bad about it. You learned where to be effective and how to attract support for your reqest! Isn't that all good?

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)