Skip navigation
blowupp
Currently Being Moderated

This team needs the fun put back into rendering!

Nov 1, 2013 8:59 AM

We have an operational problem - it arrived with CS6 and remained through various OS and App updates; we cant update video files in the slick manner to which we have been accustomed (since Cosa and the quadra 950 was king of the Macs and my hair was dark and lush)  ... the busier we are, the more trouble this issue causes.

On various OS X systems we use daily, CS5.5 reliably overwites rendered video files whereas CS6.x does not.

Please would understanding coding chappie at AdobeHQ care to help our plight?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 1, 2013 9:29 AM   in reply to blowupp

Probably because CC is the way to go, so you may not see a fix anytime soon... Just a guess

I hear you though, my bear is turning white.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 11:48 AM   in reply to blowupp

blowupp wrote:

... I say almost because I'm not yet ready to make the choice between:

Sharing a monthy cut of my pension with Adobe till I die - or ;  not being able to use my favorite tool ever again, that is still the dilema with going CC isn't it?

You can keep CS6, CS5.5 and any of your old versions. So even if you stop paying for CC, you can always go back to your old versions. I have three different versions of AE on my computer and they all work just fine.

Don't miss out on all of the nice, new features for fear of losing your CS 5.5. You can keep that forever.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2013 12:33 PM   in reply to blowupp

It's easy enough for you to see for yourself by installing the trial version and trying it out.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points