Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

why can't we add programs to the list of right-click "open with" in Bridge?

Nov 1, 2013 1:03 PM

Tags: #bridge #open #open_with #creative_cloud #bug_report

I've followed various discussions and can find no official solution, nor any easy-to-follow solution for this issue.

What is the point of having bridge if we are unable to right click from bridge and open any image in any of the CC programs.

Am I missing something here?

also, I was fairly convinced that I could do this the last time I used bridge, last week, and now I can't.

I have used the "update cloud" today.

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Nov 1, 2013 3:02 PM   in reply to grabart1

What is the point of having bridge if we are unable to right click from bridge and open any image in any of the CC programs.

Am I missing something here?

Maybe you can specify a bit more of your problem?

In basic, having a correct install automatically adds all CC applications to the list above the line and most of the non adobe applications under the line.

You can add a new default using Bridge Preferences File type associations and if this is not in the list at the bottom of the pop up menu is a browse button to search your disk.

But you simple can't open any image in any Adobe application because not all adobe CC apps support all file types or can't even view images.

The Open Width list also varies per file type. For instance a Raw or DNG file gives you only the CC - applications with a Raw converter and that narrows it down to PS.

A .mov file only provides After Effects and Premiere Pro etc etc.

And you have to option to place all kinds of files in ID, AI, Ps etc. using the right mouse click menu.

If your behavior differs then first start refreshing preferences as a start.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Nov 2, 2013 8:38 AM   in reply to grabart1

No experience with Windows, I'm on Mac.

But if you have other CC applications installed on your machine and also have started them at least once and then use Bridge the apps should show in the list.

Also check your Bridge Preferences Start Up scripts. I don't have all CC apps installed but in my list ID, AI, PrPro, Dreamweaver and After Effects are present in this list with start up scripts and a checkmark in front.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 2, 2013 8:42 AM   in reply to grabart1

To add Open With you have to do it in edit/preferences/file type associations.  Click on the extenstion you want then click on browse as bottom of drop down.  Navigate to the application.  Click on the xxx.exe file that would open the app.  Can choose as default or just add to list.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points