Skip navigation
Burnfield
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 and GPU fix for MPE hardware acceleration

Nov 2, 2013 6:56 AM

The problem of this hack not working has been covered in a number of discussions so why raise it again. The solutions that resolved others problems are not working for my card! Tough luck I guess.

My card is the ASUS Radeon HD 7950 CU2 3GD5 V2 and everything I have read says by doing the hack (card name in the opencl txt file) CS6 should offer hardware acceleration for the MPE.

I have the latest drivers from AMD and am using windows 8.1 but GPUsniffer still does not recognise my card. I have tried various forms of the cards name in the txt file, still no luck.

I've posted this because I have run out of ideas to try - any suggstions would be welcome. I have even reinstalled CS6 but no luck. Photoshop sees my card ok!!!!! I feel sure it is something simple that is not set correctly or perhaps the order in which things should be updated/installed. Any suggestions short of signing up for CC rental would be welcome!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 2, 2013 7:21 AM   in reply to Burnfield

There is no hardware acceleration for AMD cards in CS6. EOS. You could get a nVidia card.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2013 8:43 AM   in reply to Burnfield

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2013 8:24 AM   in reply to Burnfield

>Assuming I am correct

You are not correct... the CS6 hack was and is ONLY for nVidia cards... hardware acceleration support for AMD cards began with PProCC... CS6 simply does not have the internal code to use an AMD card for anything other than simple display

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2013 9:42 AM   in reply to Burnfield

As John stated, you are completely incorrect. No Windows version of Premiere Pro CS6 ever included OpenCL support at all for MPE GPU acceleration. This means that with any non-Nvidia GPU you're completely SOL, permanently locked to the MPE software-only mode.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points