Skip navigation
Momo13
Currently Being Moderated

Farbraum in Lightroom 5

Nov 3, 2013 8:21 AM

Tags: #farbraum #lightroom5

Ich habe von Lightroom 3 auf 5 upgedatet. Seit dem sind mir Farbunterschiede zwischen Entwickeln und Biliothek bei Bildern mit großem Farbumfang aufgefallen. Welche Farbräume werden in den beiden Modi verwendet?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 3, 2013 9:46 AM   in reply to Momo13

Develop uses linear ProPhoto (ProPhoto primaries, but gamma 1.0). Library uses Adobe RGB jpegs.

If you can see any difference between them, that's normally an indication of a problem with the monitor profile.

A wide gamut monitor does extend very slightly beyond Adobe RGB in some colors, and so could be able to show a small difference in gamut between those two. But it would be more theoretical than practical. I'd go after the monitor profile as prime suspect.

With a standard gamut monitor, there's no way you should see any difference.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2013 11:44 AM   in reply to Momo13

Momo13 wrote:

The Monitor (ASUS P246q) is a wide gamut display and I use the ICC profile from ASUS

Manufacturer-supplied monitor profiles are notoriously inaccurate and outright defective. They simply cannot be trusted. Do yourself a favor and buy a good calibrator, and this problem should go away. Yes, it's an added expense, but once you've made the (small) investment you'll never look back.

Good candidates are x-rite i1 Display Pro, ColorMunki Display, or Spyder 4 Elite or Pro (the Spyder 4 Express uses the same sensor, but the software is too limited to be useful).

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2013 12:18 PM   in reply to twenty_one

Just in case you misunderstood what I wrote...

If you can see any difference between them, that's normally an indication of a problem with the monitor profile.

...let me rephrase that:

If you can see any difference between them, that's an indication of a problem with the monitor profile.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points