Skip navigation
mike3763
Currently Being Moderated

Upgrading from photoshop 9 to 12

Nov 4, 2013 8:32 AM

Hi All

several questions:-

1. when I install 12 what to 9 and photos stored in 9?

2. How do i get photos from 9 to 12 if not done on install

3. Once installed should i delete 9

I would like a step by step instruction if the process is not as simple as I hope

regards

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 4, 2013 9:16 AM   in reply to mike3763

mike3763 a écrit:

Hi All

several questions:-

1. when I install 12 what to 9 and photos stored in 9?

You can install version 12 together with version 9. They are independent programs.

The photos are NOT stored in 9. They are stored somewhere on your computer, and the organizer keeps track of their real location on your drive(s).

If you are using the organizer, your catalog contains only links to the location of your picture files.

When you install version 12 and launch the organizer, you are prompted to allow a conversion of your version 9 catalog to the version 12 format : your old version 9 catalog is still valid, and a new catalog with the version 12 format is created with all the links and details about your pictures.

2. How do i get photos from 9 to 12 if not done on install

If you don't agree to the above prompt to convert, you can still initiate a new conversion from the file / catalog menu. Once again, that does not change anything to your picture files, that creates a new catalog you can use in version 12.

3. Once installed should i delete 9

No, it's your choice. I would keep the old version until I am sure I don't miss something in the new version.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points