Skip navigation
thoughtprocessfilms
Currently Being Moderated

PluralEyes and Premiere Pro CC 7.1

Nov 4, 2013 12:12 PM

Tags: #pluraleyes

Pluraleyes 2 is giving me an error "XML file does not contain a project" when I try to open XML exported out of Pr CC 7.1. Has anyone else encountered this and can anyone suggest a workaround?

Thanks!

[Thread title changed for clarity.]

Message edited by Jim Simon

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 6, 2013 3:01 PM   in reply to thoughtprocessfilms

I'm using Pluraleyes 3, but I had the same error, so this might work for you. If not, I apologize. I was running Pluraleyes externally from premiere, so I would export the .xml and import it and receive that error message. What I did to work around that was to install PluralEyes through the Adobe Extension Manager CC and integrate the program with Premier. It totally works now and is even a little better I believe. Here is a link to install Pluraleyes as a plug-in: http://www.redgiant.com/support/faq/product-specific/pluraleyes/277/

Hope that helps

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 9:14 AM   in reply to thoughtprocessfilms

I'm having the same problem, but have not found a workaround. PluralEyes 3 has never worked well for me, so I'm not interested in that. PluralEyes 2 has always been golden, but it seems Adobe has made some sort of change to the XML process. (And I thought 7.1 was supposed to have its own built-in sync, but it seems that feature didn't make it through.)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 10:10 AM   in reply to tylerscott899

tylerscott899 wrote:

(And I thought 7.1 was supposed to have its own built-in sync, but it seems that feature didn't make it through.)

Hi tylerscott899,

Premiere Pro has had that feature since CC (7.0):

• Premiere Pro also lets you can merge clips by using audio waveforms. You can use audio recorded from a second source to automatically sync and create multicamera and merged clips using audio waveforms.

More on this page: http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/create-multi-camera-source-s equence.html#id_78669

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2013 3:11 PM   in reply to thoughtprocessfilms

I have also experienced this error. Apparently Premiere Pro 7.1 doesn't save FCP 'project' attributes when selecting a sequence and exporting it. 7.0.x worked well and just creating enough XML project info around a single sequence if that was all that was selected when choosing export. My workaround was to deselect the sequence and then chose xml export in the menu. That will probably export all the sequences in the project, like pre PPro 7 used to do but at least Pluraleyes can open the file. Jeeze.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2013 6:57 PM   in reply to tylerscott899

I'm with you. I have never been able to get 3 to work, but using 2 externally with an FCP XML has worked great. Now with 7.1, I'm getting the same error message. I put in a bug report, but in the meantime am going back to an old installation of CS6 and exporting from there and importing the xml into CC. Sucks, but that is plan until they fix it.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2014 3:37 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

The problem with the new 'syncronize' feature is that it is really bad at syncronizing which defeats the point.  Atleast Plural Eyes 3 tells you when it can't find a match and doesn't just muddle up your footage.  'Syncronize' also messes around with the audio tracks and just seems overall really limited and buggy. 

Plural Eyes can also do more than two clips at once.

Has 'Syncronize' been road tested with more than prestine video and audio recordings?

R

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points