Skip navigation
rwcreativellc
Currently Being Moderated

"Encapsulated stereo files within OMF files are not supported" ...huh?

Nov 4, 2013 2:24 PM

When I open up my omf files made in Cubase, into Audition, I get the message; "Encapsulated stereo files within OMF files are not supported." Everything loads in fine, but there is no sound. I've checked all of the audio settings in preference, everything looks fine - but still no sound. Single wave file when opened up play well, but when loading the whole OMF file and the audio folder, I get this message and not sound at all.

Do I have to make these stereo files mono before importing the omf file, or can I do that in Audition? etc. What is the answer here. Thank you! Frustrated.

Rog

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 5, 2013 5:16 AM   in reply to rwcreativellc

There seems to be a universal misunderstanding that all OMF files are created equally - this of course is nonsense

Audition is correct in not supporting 'encapsulated stereo files' as they are not part of the OMF specification.

Cubase is just one of many DAWS who do not adhere to the OMF specification which is overly complex and rivals the dead sea scrolls in length and yet contains only the most basic of session details.

"So I changed all of the wave files while in Audition to mono samples, saved the OMF file. Then reopened the OMF and it opened this time with no warnings, BUT, still no sound"

I think what you should have done is gone back to Cubase and created the mono tracks in Cubase and then re-exported the OMF

If you really get stuck email me via the AATranslator web site and I will sort something out for you

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points