Skip navigation
bgali
Currently Being Moderated

ps and touchscreens - why not help us out?

Nov 4, 2013 9:46 PM

Tags: #lightroom #photoshop #stylus #touchscreens #pens

I used to love adobe LR and PS. Now PS eats my computer when I have PS and LR open, they now charge full price (which is very expensive) if you are more than one version behind, try to make money off you monthly with the cloud and now won't work with touchscreens. What's the point of a 'normal' amateur photograhic artist like myself buying this? I want to buy a new touchscreen convertable laptop/tablet for my photographic art but it seems adobe don't want me to use PS on it...am I missing something or are they cornering themselves out of the market or into particular hardware?

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,496 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Nov 4, 2013 9:54 PM   in reply to bgali

How would you expect to use Photoshop with a touch screen, exactly?

Photohop seems all about precision, and not to mention has pretty tiny UI elements.  Seems to me your finger would just get in the way more than anything else.

Pros use stylus type interfaces (e.g., a Wacom Cintiq) for the precision and not having one's own hand get in the way of seeing what one is doing.

Plesae understand, I'm not being critical of your request.  As a non-touch user myself I'd just like to know more of what you're thinking.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 5, 2013 12:33 AM   in reply to bgali

As far as I am aware those tablet issues that have plagued Windows 8 have been solved some time ago.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/10/surface-pro-driver-adobe-photoshop/

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,496 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Nov 5, 2013 8:16 AM   in reply to bgali

Thanks for the additional info.  If the machine can use a stylus it seems quite reasonable to ask Adobe for support.  Seems like it would be nice to be able to just sketch / paint on the screen.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points