Skip navigation
kevin319
Currently Being Moderated

CSS and HTML not merging in design view

Nov 5, 2013 3:05 PM

Tags: #html #css #dreamweaver_cs5.5

I hate questions that start with "all the sudden this happened."

I was using Dreamweaver CS5.5 along with some other things I had open.  I was off doing something with one of the other things and came back to Dreamweaver.  It was in design view not live view.  All it shows me the HTML without merging the CSS that goes with it.  However, when I hit Live View, it merges the code and displays just fine. 

My machines been acting funny lately.  Earlier today, Outlook kept shutting down, but that stopped.  Some times my cursor moves strangely.  Surely, this isn't a virus causing this with Dreamweaver.  I run good protection and keep it updated.

I thought maybe IIS was not running, but it is.  Without it, it probably would not have merged the CSS in live view.  What could I possibly have done to this thing? 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 5, 2013 3:07 PM   in reply to kevin319

Sounds like a memory issue.  Try shutting everything down and restarting your computer.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 6, 2013 6:24 AM   in reply to Nancy O.

You may also want to check your code against the validator at http://validator.w3.org

DW's Design View is much more sensitive to code errors than Live View or an actual browser. Relatively simple errors will make Design View go crazy while Live View and browsers will ignore them.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points