Skip navigation
kdrozzen
Currently Being Moderated

When doing catalog backup get message " your system is low on disk space, and elements organizer can

Nov 5, 2013 9:41 PM

When doing catalog backup get message " your system is low on disk space, and elements organizer cannot perform the operation.  If create a catalog with 20 pictures backup works OK.  backing up to a 1TB external drive.  Have 16705 pictures in catalog.  Total disk space for pictures is 192 MB.  Why am I getting message?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 5, 2013 11:43 PM   in reply to kdrozzen

kdrozzen a écrit:

Total disk space for pictures is 192 MB. 

Do you really mean MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) ?

Even if its GB, the free space may be enough, depending on your files size, especially with videos or raw files.

When you start the backup process, it first shows you the total size of the catalog.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2013 8:25 AM   in reply to kdrozzen

No idea about the reason of that message...

If you have a look at the menu preferences, section performance in the editor, what are the settings for both drives ?

Making several catalogs is never a good solution. There is no practical catalog size limits, yours is about average.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2014 7:20 AM   in reply to kdrozzen

I had the same problem.  After reviewing the replies, none of them helped me.  My final solution was to specify the actual folder within my external drive, instead of specifying the drive letter (N: in my case).  This might be your problem as well.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points