Skip navigation
cihon
Currently Being Moderated

older version

Nov 6, 2013 9:32 AM

where can I download an older version. CC (new) says it won't run on my os (windows xp). Won't let me download either. Gonna get a new computer for xmas (or so I think) so no sense buying one on trying to upgrade now. But I need to open and update and old Pagemaker 6.5 doc. Just too much stuff to retype, and all I have right now is Illustrator 5. Downloaded upgrade of that to 6 right after I bought it, but 6 doesn't run either.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 6, 2013 9:47 AM   in reply to cihon

Your CC subscription should allow you to download CS6 as well (you need to change the version in the dropdown on the download page) and the trial is still available, too. You need CS6 to open PM files in any case -- CC no longer has that ability.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2013 10:47 AM   in reply to cihon

No, I mean InDesign.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2013 5:20 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

@Cihon,

You posted your question in the INDESIGN forum, but you're saying you only have Illustrator. That is what's causing the confusion.

Illustrator definitely CANNOT open a Pagemaker file, but InDesign CS6 can (if the PM file isn't too old).

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2013 4:59 AM   in reply to cihon

Go to https://creative.adobe.com/products/indesign

Below the large image you'll see a dropdown labelled In This Version. Change it to CS6 and download the trial.

This has to be one of the wors bits of user interface design I've seen.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points