No response for Sign In

Nov 6, 2013 11:14 AM

When I am signing in to Revel. No response

It just waits for every and does not login or give an error

Pls. help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 6, 2013 11:49 AM   in reply to Imtiaz

What device/platform are you using? What version are you using? Have you ever logged in before? How much free space do you have on your device?

Can you try logging in using adoberevel.com to see if your username/password are correct?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 9:02 AM   in reply to Pattie F

I have the same issue; just to jump on this discussion, I am using v2.1.1 on my iphone 5s. I was using revel successfully until a few months ago, now I can't sign in on my phone. I can, however, use it on my laptop; sign-in works fine there.

I've reset my password, uninstalled the app completely from the phone, re-downloaded and installed, and the same error hapens.

Thanks for any assistance,

Joshua Steadman

steadyfilm@mac.com

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 9:16 AM   in reply to steadyfilm

@steadyfilm:   Are you getting an error or does it just sit there and wait? How much free memory do you have on your phone? You can check at settings>general>usage It will show total available and amount used.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 10:52 AM   in reply to Pattie F

No error, it just bumps out to the welcome screen. Free memory on the phone is 15.9 GB. Really an odd problem, since it's migrated from my iPhone 4s to the iPhone 5s.

|
    Mark as:
  • Charlie.D
    190 posts
    Jun 16, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 12, 2013 10:56 AM   in reply to Imtiaz

Hi Imtiaz

I just signed in OK using Facebook, using Revel on my iOS7 iPad.  Exactly what device and iOS version are you using?

Are you signed into your Facebook account in iOS Settings?  Revel requires this (but should also show you an error saying so).  Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Revel?

--Charlie

|
    Mark as:
  • Charlie.D
    190 posts
    Jun 16, 2009
    Nov 12, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to steadyfilm

Joshua, I see you tried the guidance I just gave Imtiaz on this thread (uninstall/reinstall Revel). 

Since I can't immediately explain what's happening, please try the following:

1. In the Facebook app, please delete the Revel app permissions.  These should be in Facebook Account Settings, Apps.  Remove Revel.

2. Just to ensure nothing fishy is going on, I recommend you change your Facebook password.

3. Uninstall and Re-install Revel again.  I know... you did do this already, but I want to ensure no prior login attempt is cached.

4. After signing back into Facebook in your iOS Settings (Revel requires this), try signing in again.

Does this help?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 11:29 AM   in reply to Charlie.D

Charlie, I tried those 4 steps, but once I get to step 4, I'm unsure where this sign-in happens. Is that in my privacy options in general, or is this through Revel?

|
    Mark as:
  • Charlie.D
    190 posts
    Jun 16, 2009
    Nov 12, 2013 11:54 AM   in reply to steadyfilm

In your main Settings app for your device, there is a Facebook section.  It's down towards the botton, far below General and Privacy options in the main panel.  Are you signed into Facebook there, using the same Facebook ID that was used to create your Revel account?  If you are signed in there, then signing back into Revel should be a simple matter of tapping the Facebook button on Revel's login screen.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 12:02 PM   in reply to Charlie.D

I checked, and I am authorized in that section for Revel, but am not using any type of sign-on with facebook ID in Revel itself. I'm just signing into Revel with my adobe id. Can I continue to do that, or am I needing to use the facebook login? I use the adobe ID on both my laptop and ipad for revel sign-in.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 1:21 PM   in reply to Imtiaz

Tried the Adobe ID login, and the Facebook login. Neither works.

|
    Mark as:
  • Charlie.D
    190 posts
    Jun 16, 2009
    Nov 12, 2013 10:34 PM   in reply to steadyfilm

Ah, sorry about that, Joshua.  I misunderstood, and thought you were signing in via Facebook, like Imtiaz.

Adobe recently suffered a security breach, and reset passwords for many accounts.  I'm wondering if resetting your password might be what you need.

Please go to https://www.adobe.com/account/sign-in.adobedotcom.html

There, click on the link 'Trouble Signing In' and follow the steps to reset your password.  Even if your Revel account was initiated through Facebook, the password reset mechanism may help.

Please let me if this helps, and if not, I'll tap some folks from the server team to take a closer look.

Thanks for your patience while we work to sort this out!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2013 10:40 AM   in reply to Charlie.D

Charlie, I gave that a try. I reset the password, and then tried to login on my iphone with the new password; still no dice. Also, Revel still works on both my laptop and my ipad. Dunno what's going on.

|
    Mark as:
  • Charlie.D
    190 posts
    Jun 16, 2009
    Nov 13, 2013 12:04 PM   in reply to steadyfilm

Thanks for hanging in there!  I know this has been frustrating. Something as simple as sign-in usually "just works" without having to jump through all these hoops.  I kept working on this last night, and think I might have found the answer.

Do you have a region set in your iOS main Settings?  Go to Settings > General > International > Region Format, and make sure a region is set, United States for example. 

I learned Revel sign in can be blocked as described in this post, when the region has a null (empty) setting.  I don't know how it's even possible to get into this state on iOS.  Perhaps it's a matter of having updated to a newer iOS, and the updated setting wasn't established.  I couldn't get my own device into this state, trying several tactics.  There are scant details on the web, as few users seem affected, but it seems this may affect other apps too beyond Revel. 

If a region is set, try switching it to another region, and then back to you usual region.

Please let me know if this fixes the problem.  Thanks again for you patience while troubleshooting this!

Kind regards,

Charlie

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2013 12:18 PM   in reply to Charlie.D

I can't believe it, that worked! Thanks so much Charlie!

|
    Mark as:
  • Charlie.D
    190 posts
    Jun 16, 2009
    Nov 13, 2013 4:24 PM   in reply to steadyfilm

I'm so glad that fixed things!  Thanks for your note.

I'll see if we can get this added to the FAQ, that if Revel iOS login fails, and password reset or uninstall/reinstall of the app doesn't help, users should check that they have set a region preference in iOS Settings > General > International > Region Format

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2013 10:59 PM   in reply to Imtiaz

Excellent. We are glad you are both up and running.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points