Skip navigation
Prendi
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro CC error message and crash

Nov 6, 2013 3:58 PM

Hi All,

I am in the middle of a project and on a tight deadline. I have Premiere Pro CC and have tried the phone line for help. However, after 90 minutes on hold, I gave up and thought I'd try here.

So I have a project that was loading fine yesterday. I shut PP down last night and all was good. Today I tried to open the project and it gave me an error message that read;

[/morereel64/releases/2013.09/shared/adobe/MediaCore/MediaLayer/Import erHost/Make/Mac/../../Src/Audio/AudioWaveform.cpp-173]

After that, I click "Continue" and it then tells me "Sorry, a serious error has occured..."

I have tried uninstalling All Adobe Apps, using Cloud Cleaner, deleting my preferences, creating a new project and importing the old one in, exporting an XML to reimport... Nothing is working. And now I'm panicking!

Please can someone help? Please?

I'm kinda going out of my mind...

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 6, 2013 4:33 PM   in reply to Prendi

Hi Prendi,

Welcome to the forums.

Please mention that you have any third party plugins or effects applied to the audio?

Regards,

Vinay

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2013 5:10 PM   in reply to Prendi

Hi Prendi,

Really appreciate your patience.

Do tou have after effects installed? If yes, please try to import the main sequence into it and then export it as premier pro project from file/export ootion and then try to open that in premiere pro.

Regards,

Vinay

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 11:47 AM   in reply to Prendi

I too am getting this error code [..\..\Src\Audio\AudioWaveform.cpp-173].  I get it when I try to import an entire project or even just a sequence into a new premiere project.  This is after getting the much anticipated updates with the 150+ new innovations including Direct Link to Speedgrade.  My bigger problem at present is how totally unresponsive speedgrade is when I send a sequence to it from premiere... 

I was trying to import an old premiere pro project sequence into a new project to see if this would help.. but no joy.  ANYONE got anything on this?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2013 7:03 AM   in reply to fsmith1952

The same problem here.  When I try to open my projet this morming the error message come up.  So I try an ather projet from the same programmation and the same problem.

Actualy, I have 18 Premier Pro projet with this same problem.  I begain to be afraid I lost all my work....

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2013 4:29 PM   in reply to Prendi

Same problem here... Also the auto-saved projects don't work anymore. My project was originally edited in FCPX and transfered to XML using Xto7, bur it worked fine initially. Please help us out, Adobe! Show us where we pay for!

Screen Shot 2013-11-17 at 23.48.09.png

UPDATE:

The AfterEffects workaround worked for me! I had to do some cleaning up on the new sequence (bit messy translation with a lot of layers and clips stacked double) However Adobe, please look into it!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2013 1:49 PM   in reply to watch-this

I have been having the same problem for a month.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled all Adobe products multiple times and I still get this error message and a Premiere Pro CC immediate crash as soon as any project loads.  I don't even have After Effects installed on this system.  I've removed the Mediacore plugin, as I read in other forums and that has made no difference.  Please advise, thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2013 6:30 PM   in reply to j.thelia

A beta tester reported the same error: AudioWaveform.cpp-173. He attributed it to folders having been renamed through Finder. Please let us know if the same thing preceded this crash in any of your cases.

Clearing the Media Cache resolved the issue for this beta tester. To do this, delete all the contents of the "Media Cache" and "Media Cache Files" folders here: /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

@Watch-This: You say "Same problem here," but then cite a completely different error message: Clip.cpp-460. Are you hitting both that one and AudioWaveform.cpp-173? Please note that the exact substance of the error--the file name and line number--is essential. The fact that the error dialog starts with "Premiere Pro has encountered an error" means almost nothing. I find a number of threads reporting crashes in Clip.cpp, but none at line 460. If you happen to run into this again, please start a new thread and provide as much info as possible.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2013 9:38 AM   in reply to Mark Mapes

I got this AudioWaveform.cpp_173 error out of the blue trying to import into SG. (either direct link OR opening the project in SG.

Deleted all files in caches. Same issue.

Any suggestions to help ease my increasing number of headaches? Not least of which is being partway through a grade with no obvious way back in. I have opened an auto saved version for a few weeks ago & same message.

I am now going to try to open on my IMAC(am on macbook). Will report back.

My list of serious issues grows by the minute.

Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2013 12:34 PM   in reply to stretchdavea

I've tried deleting all the Media Cache and Media Cache Files too.... Then I imported that project into a brand new one to try to get as clean and as new a project as possible.  Still crashes. This is a feature length documentary that I will need to be color grading in the next month, but I KEEP ON GETTING the "AudioWaveform.cpp-173" error.. and a crash.  Can ANYONE at Adobe address this issue?  I actually managed to send this project to Speedgrade and grade ONE SHOT.   I then closed Speedgrade and re-opened Premiere... and moments later got the error and a freeze up and crash.  NOT good.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 11:46 AM   in reply to fsmith1952

Anyone who posted on here about this had any success with this?  I am still in the same disaster zone as I was to begin with.  I need some answers... and I HOPE someone has some! Please let me know what your status is if you've had this issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2013 11:51 AM   in reply to fsmith1952

Can you please try updating to version 7.2 and see if that resolves your problem? Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2013 11:29 AM   in reply to petergaraway

I had the same issue and updating to 7.2 resolved it.  Thanks petergaraway.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2013 6:54 PM   in reply to Phunky Monk

I am having the AudioWaveform.cpp-173 error as well.

This is ridiculous!!!! ADOBE WHERE ARE YOU WHEN WE NEED YOU?!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2013 6:56 PM   in reply to lfightgloves

@prendi did you find a solution??

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2013 10:09 AM   in reply to petergaraway

New projects don't seem to have this problem with 7.2, but I have a critically important older project that I can't seem to make work even after deleting Media files and letting them rebuild.  I also tried importing the old project into a new one. I sent it to speedgrade then saved it as the premiere project...  and as soon as I open the premiere project... there it is again.  It freezes... needs to be closed, and then the project is corrupted and unuseable.  I spent a few hours with an Adobe Tech controlling my computer... until we ended up with the Blue Screen of Death.  I really need some answers on this.. at LEAST how to salvage a good timeline from this project and make it work with SpeedGrade.  This is a feature length documentary that is very large.  The project is shot in 4K, but I'm editing with HD proxy footage for all except a couple of shots that I'm using the 4k Footage.  MOST of the footage on the timeline is MPEG2 from a Sony F55.  Some is from a Canon 1D.... and as I said.. a couple of shots are Sony XAVC 4K.  HELP!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2013 10:16 AM   in reply to fsmith1952

Have you tried importing the project into After Effects?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2013 10:41 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

I will try this now. As I mentioned... it is a very large project and may take some time to do this.  Got my fingers crossed!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2013 10:45 AM   in reply to fsmith1952

crossedfinger.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2013 11:31 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

I just tried importing into AE.  When I brought the file back into Premiere, Premiere simply shut off, followed by the Problem Report sheet.

So now I'm not getting the specific, AudioWaveform.cpp-173 error anymore.  Premiere is just shutting off about 30 secs after I open a project...

This is BAD...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2013 12:43 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

No joy on that approach either for me. I had the same result as if I hadn't bothered doing the export/import cycle.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2013 1:25 PM   in reply to lfightgloves

I know this is not ideal, but after clearing the media cache, did you try going to the autosave vault and open some autosaved projects until one is able to open? 

So basically just go back in time until you can open a project.  Once you are in, save the project as a copy, delete the media cache again (do it manually rather than through Premiere) and try opening the more recent project.  Sometimes it seems to be a matter of getting premiere to rewrite the corrupt media file that's causing the error.

Good Luck, this is one of the most frustrating errors to encounter.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2013 2:47 PM   in reply to Phunky Monk

I am trying this approach one more time. It will take about 2 hours to regenerate all the peak files for this project.  Incidentally, I noticed that I had a few RED files in this project that always needed new peak files created whenever I'd open the project. I've taken these shots out of the project, so they Can't be a factor after this.  I'll report back after THIS attempt to discover the Holy Grail.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2013 5:26 PM   in reply to fsmith1952

NOPE... nada.  Saved a nice new functioning version... dumped all the media files/folders... Reopened it and waited forever for the peak files to regenerate... Resaved it and closed it.  This time I opened SpeedGrade and then imported the timeline into it.  Colored ONE shot and exported that to the premiere project and reopened it... Same old Same old.

So... it occurs to me.. that since it's the roundTrip from premiere to Speedgrade and back that's doing it.... with a project that is quite fine before being sent out to the cleaners.. that it is obviously something that SpeedGrade is introducing into the project.  Doh. Fix it!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2013 9:13 AM   in reply to Prendi

Did you solve this problem?

I'm shut out of my own system and NEED to fix this.  Is anybody out there??

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2013 9:14 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Can you not read the error message and deduce the source of the problem?  The fact that it says "audiowaveform" and not something else has to mean something right?  How come no one's talking about this?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2013 9:27 AM   in reply to fsmith1952

@fsmith1952,

In your case, does the problem only occur after you've sent the project to SpeedGrade?  Or do you get the error everytime you open the project in Premiere?

If it's the former, then we have different issues.  Because I can't even open the project in Premiere for more than a few seconds before I get an error.  For me it has nothing to do with any other software...

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2014 12:55 PM   in reply to lfightgloves

Sorry to take so long... but the problem for me.. is only after a project has been sent to SpeedGrade then saved as a premiere project and reopened in premiere.  At that point it becomes totally useless... corrupted beyond fixing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points