• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using other extensions for cold fusion files

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have existing CF applications that use the ".html" file extension. We can't seem to figure out how to get CF Builder 2 to recognize that extension as a CF page. Is this possible, or do we have to go through the trouble of renaming all of our files to use CF Builder 2?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have two choices. First, if you right-click on the file in the Navigator, you can choose “open with” and then Other>Adobe CFML Editor.

Or, if you mean you want it to be the default opener of such files (within CFB), see Window>Preferences>General>Editor>Fie Extensions, and select *.html (or “add” it if not there), then in the “associated editor” box at the bottom, click “add” and choose “Adobe CFML Editor”. Click “ok. Then click on that editor (if not already pre-selected) and click the “default” button.

Let us know how that goes for you (and please click the buttons in the web interface to mark this as this as an “answer”, to help future readers).

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After I wrote that, i thought, "hey, that might be a cool thing to blog about, in case others might seek it, and showing pictures". Well, I found someone had....me, in 2011. Here it is: Setting up CFBuilder to process htm files with the ColdFusion editor

For anyone interested, I also link there to an entry on how to setup CF itself to process HTML file extensions as CFML, which I assume Rudy has already done. If the idea bothers you, I understand, and I discuss both how unusual it is and why some do it, in the entry.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation