Skip navigation
graphik wizard
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere and After effects no longer work after graphics card upgrade

Nov 8, 2013 7:09 AM

So heres my problem. A week ago my gtx 295 died. So I got a new gtx 780 and new ram. After installing my new card and installing the latest drivers premier and after effects cs6 crash on the splash screen. Whats wierd is these are the only programs that crash. After effects cs4 works fine along with all my maya stuff. I reinstalled premier and it still crashes for some reason.

I'm running vista ultimate 64bit with the cs6 production suite. I do have some plugins on after effects including the trapcode suite amd optical flares.

Any tips?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 9, 2013 9:14 AM   in reply to graphik wizard

>After installing my new card and installing the latest drivers

I don't have any saved links, but there have been some mentions of the "latest" nVidia drivers causing problems... try an earlier driver for your card

nVidia Driver Rollback PreElements-10 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675 (about Premiere Elements, but an example of problems)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2013 6:15 PM   in reply to graphik wizard

graphik wizard wrote:

So heres my problem. A week ago my gtx 295 died. So I got a new gtx 780 and new ram. After installing my new card and installing the latest drivers premier and after effects cs6 crash on the splash screen. Whats wierd is these are the only programs that crash. After effects cs4 works fine along with all my maya stuff. I reinstalled premier and it still crashes for some reason.

I'm running vista ultimate 64bit with the cs6 production suite. I do have some plugins on after effects including the trapcode suite amd optical flares.

Any tips?

graphik wizard,

The only thing I can think of is that Windows Vista is not one of the supported operating systems for Premiere Pro CS6. Only Windows 7 is listed. Is it possible to upgrade your OS?

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 9, 2013 9:17 AM   in reply to graphik wizard

>don't understand why it would have worked for a year. without a problem

>week ago my gtx 295 died. So I got a new gtx 780

Different cards and different drivers would be my idea... did you try an older driver?

nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 1:00 PM   in reply to graphik wizard

graphik wizard wrote:

The rollback worked strangely. Not sure why. Maybe it has something to do with how these two programs being the only ones where I use both moniters.

Hi gw,

Did you roll back application versions or video driver versions?

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 3:23 PM   in reply to graphik wizard

graphik wizard wrote:

I rolled back the drivers for my graphics card

Thanks. Glad you have it working again.

Kevin

|
    Mark as: