Skip navigation
Cousken_
Currently Being Moderated

Masked clips render in different position

Nov 9, 2013 2:56 AM

Tags: #mask #position #scale #subclips #premiere_cc

Hi!

I'm fairly new to Premiere. I'm working on a small Let's Play like project where i have 2 video clips, one with gameplay and another one of the people playing on the sofa. What i've done is my sequence is set up the gameplay clip to take the whole availible space, and then put in the footage of the people twice , each with a mask, so that i can position the faces in the upper corners of the sequence.

I'm having a problem with those two clips with a mask. When i render them, it appears to me that the position and scale of the mask has changed drastically, not a desired result. Here is a comparison of how the sequence looks in Premiere and rendered out with the standard Youtube 720p 25fps preset.

mario problem.png

I am wondering if anybody can offer me any insight into why this happens and how to fix it.

As i mentioned i am fairly new to Premiere, the next time i am doing a project like this, i will most likely create separate sequences, one for each face, and make them the correct size, then simply add them to the main sequence. I have already put a lot of work into this and am wondering if there is any way to avoid the moved masked problem to save the project.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2013 8:06 PM   in reply to Cousken_

That is very weird.  I can't think of anything offhand to explain it.

Maybe try using the Crop effect instead.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2013 10:43 PM   in reply to Cousken_

This dimly rings a bell for me, but I have not been able to find a bug in the database that's on the mark. What are the dimensions of the sequence and the source content for the two picture-in-pictures. If scaling is involved, how exactly did you do that (scale to frame size, the intrinsic Scale effect, ...?)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points