Skip navigation
BHEller
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge Camera Raw to Photoshop Color Cast problem

Nov 10, 2013 10:31 AM

I am having a problem with Bridge/Photoshop camera raw.  I open a jpeg image in Bridge camera raw. I then adjust WB with the WB dropper.  Sometimes I make other adjustments sometimes not.  Once happy with my adjustments I select open image.  The image opens in photoshop.  Every time there is a very blue cast like a cool or blue filter has been added.  I always have navigator open in photoshop.  The image in the navigator window looks clean just like the image did before selecting open image.  This is happening with every image and saves with the blue cast if i save.  I have updated Adobe and checked my driver for updates.  No more updates available.  I am using a Dell laptop with Windows 7.  I have Adobe Creative Suite 4 installed.   Any advice, anyone else experienced this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 10, 2013 10:38 AM   in reply to BHEller

In Bridge open Edit/Camera Raw Preferences.  Check to make sure you do not have any auto adjust boxes clicked.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Nov 10, 2013 2:05 PM   in reply to BHEller

This is very strange and at first sight I can't think of anything to solve but we need more info. I don't have CS4 installed anymore but to my knowledge the changes on the original are reflected by the navigator thumb.

It also seems you have done something with selective color and/or channel mixer but it is not added as an adjustment layer according to this screenshot.

Could you make a new screenshot from a new image (not opened before in PS) and then have all the panels (especially the histogram, channels, layers and history) in clear view?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2013 3:47 PM   in reply to BHEller

Just a novice here on this issue, but noticed that the area below the histogram in the normal shots is white and the blue cast one is greenish gray.  There also appears to be a warning exclamination point in this histogram. 

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2013 3:48 PM   in reply to Curt Y

For those reading post with email the edit should be below the histogram in the normal shot

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 4:03 AM   in reply to BHEller

Any chance of a screen grab of Photoshop Color Settings (Shift-Cmd-K)? Click "More Options" to get the full set-up.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Nov 11, 2013 6:16 AM   in reply to Yammer

Apart from the color settings in PS (which I'm also curious about) why is it that this jpeg file shows in ACR as 'Open Copy' instead of 'Open Image'?

Is that a Windows thing, or is this CS4 behavior (long time ago). I can't recall having seen this option ever before on my Mac.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 6:23 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Omke Oudeman wrote:

why is it that this jpeg file shows in ACR as 'Open Copy' instead of 'Open Image'?

Is that a Windows thing, or is this CS4 behavior (long time ago). I can't recall having seen this option ever before on my Mac.

I can't speak for Mac systems - although I'd be very surprised if you didn't have this too - but on Windows, there are many alternative functions you can call up in Camera Raw with addition of the 'Alt' key. One of them is the ability to open the current image without saving the current settings, by Alt-clicking Open.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Nov 11, 2013 6:34 AM   in reply to Yammer

Thanks Yammer, I see this is also an option on mac using the alt (option) key.

I also saw a remark appearing when opening as a copy, it stated to open without updating Metadata, in other words, without the changes applied to the file.

Could this be the reason?

Could BH test this also by opening the file as normal and not as copy?

Still strange the navigator shows normal but open image with a huge color cast. I can achieve this by selecting 2 color channels but then it is much more one color (e.g. select both green and Blue channel to be visible) but in the screenshot it also shows red color and using only green and blue channel there would be no red visible at all.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points