Skip navigation
Savvylumino
Currently Being Moderated

If I import a .mov file, add effeects, render and then import that file back into ae I cant seem to

Nov 10, 2013 2:56 PM

I finally worked out how to do the eyes on my last question but I have to do the eyes one at a time  and got one done and rendered the file.  Then I imported again the rendered file to wrok on it again.

When I tried to render that file it turned out as a still instead of a .mov. Why?  What settings should I use?

Or if I track one eye, then go to the next eye and track that it messes up the first tracking and so I can't do both eyes in one render, is there something you can suggest here.  Are the layers in the wronf order?

I send a screen shot.

On from there I need to liquify the teeth after this to make fangs and this also requires tracking which again messes upo the previous tracking.  Screenshot 2013-11-10 22.54.40.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 10, 2013 5:14 PM   in reply to Savvylumino

You can have as many trackers on a footage layer as you like.  Just make sure you create a NEW tracker for each pass, and create new Nulls for target layers if that's how you're working.

You can also do each tracking pass in a seperate comp, if it makes things easier, then just paste the final results into a master comp when you're ready to render.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2013 12:57 AM   in reply to Savvylumino

Without seeing the tutorial you're using I can't tell you the purpose of the matte layer, sorry.

Your output settings are exactly right for a 1920x1080 lossless file.  My only note is that you're not outputting an alpha channel, which is fine unless you need transparent areas in your output file to composite over other content.  If you don't need transparency, these output settings are fine.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points