Skip navigation
xmau5
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Premiere Elements 4 won't render or export.

Nov 10, 2013 3:54 PM

Tags: #adobe_premiere_elements_4

Hello!

I have recently found the HD options in Premiere Elements 4, but when I go to render or export, the render window pops up for a split second before closing. When I click export, it prompts me to save the file, but then it doesn't do anything.

The NTSC-DV-Standard 48kHz and Widescreen 48kHz works just fine, it's the HDV 1080i 30 and HDV 720p 30 that wont render or export. This is very irratating as I would like to have higher quality videos when my clips are higher quality as well.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 10, 2013 4:41 PM   in reply to xmau5

xmau5

Where did you find the HD options in Premiere Elements 4...File Menu/Export/Movie or Share/Personal Computer/QuickTime or one of the choices there? If what kind of export did you select whatever the route choice?

Let us start with:

1. What computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 4 on? Please describe what your computer resources are...32 bit or 64 bit system besides the name of the operating system, installed/available RAM, and free hard drive space?

2. What are the properties of your source media and what did you set as the project preset for this project?

3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer with Premiere Elements 4 installed?

How long have you been working with Premiere Elements in general and version 4 especially?

We will be looking forward to your follow up to get to the cause of your issues.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2013 7:32 PM   in reply to xmau5

xmau5

The installation of QuickTime on your computer with Premiere Elements 4 is a must.

Please go to the following link and install QuickTime (the version will be applicable to 32 as well as 64 bit system)

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

This version should cover through Windows 8, 8.1 64 bit.

The other requirement is that you run the these programs as Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Priviledges.

Then I would suggest that you try the export

Personal Computer

QuickTime

with the Preset = Cable Modem

and then change the settings under the Advanced Button/Video Tab

or

Repeat what you have been doing with File Menu/Export/Movie with your setting presumed to be for

QuickTime 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9. H.264.mov.

Let us see if the QuickTime requirement takes care of your issue.

Looking forward to your results.

But the success or failure of the overall project is going to depend to a large extent on how you set up the project.

The project preset set at the beginning of each new project should match the properties of your source media. So, get a good handle on what those properties are.

ATR

Add On...

Are you starting out with HD footage like 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 or 1280 x 720 16:9 and going to an edit and export to the same. Or are you try to take SD footage to a HD export?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2013 9:55 PM   in reply to xmau5

xmaus

Do you have Fraps installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 4. It has been my experience that must be the case to supply the Fraps codec.

We have one issue out of the way, that is, the need for QuickTime install for those exports.

Here is what I want you to do.

There is no project preset for 1440 x 900 so let us try for this NTSC HDV HDV 720p30.

If you continue to use File Menu/Export/Movie instead of the Share/Personal Computer/QuickTime way, then

File Menu/Export/Movie and make sure you set up under Settings so that you have the following detail per detail

NOW.JPG

Let us know the outcome. Be sure to have Fraps installed. Note the compression, frame size, pixel aspect ratio. All important.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 5:04 AM   in reply to xmau5

Xmau5,

would the problem be occuring because Elements is installed on a External Harddrive

This could very well be the problem, or part of it. Most Adobe programs, including PrE, really, really want to be installed onto the C:\ HDD. The programs are not "portable," so a HDD location, other than C:\, can cause issues.

Now, I do install all of my Adobe programs (except for Adobe Acrobat Reader) into my C:\Adobe folder, but still on my C:\. I would install PrE 4.0 onto the C:\, and test.

Your media, and your Project need not be on C:\. In my case, I usually have those on my D:\ HDD for my PrE Projects, and often my media on E:\, or even an attached FW-800 external HDD. I have never had an issue. I even have several Projects on an external, along with the media, and all Scratch Disks, as I migrate entire Projects between computers.

Please let us know if installing PrE 4.0 onto C:\ fixes your Export issues.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 7:15 AM   in reply to xmau5

xmaus5

Classically, Premiere Elements is installed on the Local C Drive.

However, before you go uninstalling/reinstalling, please double check what you are doing under File Menu/Export/Movie. I think you answer is there.

What I suspect has happened....

You click on Settings. And are in the General category. But, you are not changing the File Type field to QuickTime. Rather you are leaving it at the top listing in the choices for File Type, that is, audio interchange.

Consequently, you are going to get the "video is not available in the edit mode" message.

So, again, please do not uninstall/reinstall your Premiere Elements until you have done that since I do not believe your choice of where to install Premiere Elements is at the core of this current matter.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 3:32 PM   in reply to xmau5

xmau5

Great, great news.

We are very pleased with your success. Keep up the good work.

And, please do not hesitate to ask if you have further questions or need clarification on anything written.

Thanks for the opportunity to help.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points