Skip navigation
jedite1000
Currently Being Moderated

My Animation playback stops halfway

Nov 11, 2013 3:56 AM

Tags: #problem #flash #playback #stop #animation #cs6

I have finished my Animation and after exporting it to MOV i played it back on a player and during halfway of the Anmiation it stops (well actually it stops around the 12 minute mark), Even in Flash when i tried previewing my Animation either through Flash itself and HTML, the Animation stops at the same spot, Though playing my Animation through the timeline works fine when i press play. the Animation is 15:59 minutes long with 4 scenes

I dont know what else to do

I have CS6, not sure if it is important to my question

Wish i can send you the flash file so you can see for yourself

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2013 5:01 AM   in reply to jedite1000

How many timeline frames are involved and can you determine the number of the frame where it stops?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 1:40 PM   in reply to jedite1000

You say the total frames in scene 4 is 4295, but the total frames in the file is what might be causing the issue.  When you publish as swf that uses scenes, the scenes are essentially combined into one long timeline.  16000 is the magic number where life on the timeline ends.   So if you're exceeding the 16K limit then whatever exceeds it is not going to play.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/flash-movie-size-limit-flash.html

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 5:50 PM   in reply to jedite1000

I have never run into this problem myself so the first thing I would recommend is the suggested solution in the page I linked.  Create each scene as a separate movie and dynamically load them into a main file as needed.

You might also try.... instead of using 4 scenes, try using 4 movieclips placed along the main timeline one after another (using only 4 frames).  At the end of the each add whatever actionscript you need in order to advance to the next.  I don't know if this still violates the frames issue, but if it does, this could be an nterim step to creating the four separate movies anyways.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points