• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to access the quiz variable in Captivate 6

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to set the final quiz score in CP6 using either an advanced action or by using AS3 in Flash?

We use a lot of custom interactions that are created in Flash and we need to use the scores from those interactions as quiz scores. So far i haven't found a Captivate variable that I can set from Flash, to record a quiz score that can be reported to our LMS.

Thanks,

Jeff

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suggestion would be that you look into coding your Flash interactions as Captivate Interactive Widgets.  That way you can assign the score in Captivate and just set the interaction up to either register Success or Failure to achieve the score.

The WdigetFactory API is the most popular way to achieve this:

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/widgetfactory/info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I was hoping to be able to just set the score variable directly rather than going the widget route.

I use Lectora quite a bit and in that tool it's just a matter of setting the AICC_Score variable.I like Captivate, but it seems that they're making it difficult to do something as simple as setting a quiz score.

Is there a way to access the score varialbe directly, or does it have to be done through a widget?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to assign the quiz score a different value? Why not use javascript to create your own quiz score?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources