Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Need Help - Text Created in Illustrator Blurry when Transfered into PS

Nov 11, 2013 8:04 AM

Tags: #illustrator #photoshop #text #pixelated #blurry

Hello,

I've been working on items in Illustrator, and noticed a HUGE change when I transfer them into Photoshop.  What I am doing is creating images (and text) in Illustrator. 

Then I select, Control + C to copy, then I paste into my 300dpi document in Photoshop to add textures, etc.  Once they are brought in... the text is pixelated and not clear like it is in Illustrator.

What am I doing wrong?  Or how do I fix this?

Left (is the Photoshop Image) AFTER Transfer ------ Right (Original Image in Illustrator)

https://api.monosnap.com/image/download?id=Ct5k751dEpmxJ7jfgRVId7QB7

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2013 8:15 AM   in reply to sahlink

You did not say if your screenshots are at 100% or zoomed in, or if this is for digital or print,  as that also has alot to do with this. How does this look at 100% scale in photoshop, 1 pixle data = 1 pixel of screen reoslution?

300 dpi is the most common resolution for continuos tone CT in printing.  Linework Resolution is between 1200 & 3386 dpi.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 9:56 AM   in reply to sahlink

There is something wrong here, your M should look like mine below. You have some enexplained spots going on rather than a solid color.  Are you using some raster effects on your type, than that is your problem.

Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 11.50.45 AM.png

Need to know more about the construction of your Illustrator file to help. We may be able to fix this with a mask for the type over a texture, but then I am just guessing at what you have, so don't want to say anymore.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 11:06 AM   in reply to sahlink

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

What version of Photoshop?

Can you provide sample files (.ai and .ps) ?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 2:42 PM   in reply to sahlink

I opened your CC file in CS6, and it looked rastered. I opened the smart object, copied and pasted a new smart object and now this looks good now. (I had to substitute Arno Pro Bold since I did not have your font). This may be a CC issue, so if anyone with CC can help out, try downloading the file.

Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 4.36.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-11 at 4.36.57 PM.png

Check your clipboard settings against mine. Try from Illsutrator saving as a .eps and placing taht .eps as a smart object.

Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 4.37.59 PM.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points