Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Changing an image at the end of an animation sequence

Nov 11, 2013 9:50 AM

Hello all,

I'm working on a project where I have a black and white image that starts in Position A and moves to Position B over the course of 1 second (24 fps). When it arrives at Position B (frame 24) I would like for it to convert seamlessly into a color version of the same image. In my head, this seems simple, but I can't get it to work. I have tried three different options so far:

1. At Position B (frame 24) I tried to drag the color image onto the canvas so that I could simply cover the black and white symbol. However, I receive the message "that object can't be pasted as a tween target".

2. At Position B (frame 24) I tried to "swap symbols" with the color one. However, when I did that it changed the symbol for the entire animation. So, instead of starting out black and white and then turning to color, it just became color the whole time.

3. I tried to set the animation to end a frame 23 and then have frame 24 become the color picture. This worked, however, when I add in more images later in the project, instead of all sticking together it creates a small space between the far left image and the image directly to the right.

Any suggestions?

Replies
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Nov 11, 2013 10:48 AM   in reply to CE_1234

that effect is better down with actionscript, but if you were going to do it on the timeline you would fade your  b/w image from alpha 1 to 0 while simultaneously (in a different layer) fade your color image from an alpha of 0 to 1.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2013 2:03 PM   in reply to CE_1234

Make a graphic symbol with the black and white image on frame 1 and the color image on frame 2. Set it to "Single Frame" When it's animating, that frame should be 1. When it's finished, change the single frame to 2.  If you have problems doing this with the motion applied, try the following:

1. Insert a keyframe on the last frame with all the types available.
    2. Copy the properties of that keyframe, then create a new keyframe on the second-to-last frame of the animation and paste the properties.
    3. Select the last keyframe, right click and select "Split motion." With the frame still selected, select "Remove motion tween."

Now you have a frame after the tween where the tween is not applied, but your instance is in the same spot/state as where it ended.

Actionscript not required!

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Nov 11, 2013 4:17 PM   in reply to Amy Blankenship

that doesn't appear easy to me.

i think you can just add the color image converted to a movieclip to two keyframes and change the color saturation to -100 on the first keyframe.  then add a classic tween to tween the saturation from -100 to 0.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points