Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Loudness Radar

Nov 11, 2013 12:21 PM

Hi all,

I have a mix that has been created for US broadcasting specs and am trying to set it up for broadcast on EBU specs. I've dropped the audio into audition and found the TC electronic loudness radar feature. I'm curious if someone can tell me what the "Apply" feature is for? I can run and read the loudness levels using the meter, but is there some way to adjust the levels to conform to the UKs spec using this feature? Currently we are sitting at -22.4 and I need to reach -23 +1

Many thanks for the help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2013 12:50 PM   in reply to ArtistsDen

The TC Electronic meter functions as a standard VST plug-in (hence the “Apply” button) but is entirely passive.  If you wish to make changes to your file such that it conforms to EBU or another loudness spec, I would recommend using the Match Volume tools.

Start by clicking Window > Match Volume to open the panel.  Drag the files you wish to analyze and adjust into the panel,  ensure the “Match To” option is set to “ITU-R BS.1770-2 Loudness” and adjust the other settings if necessary.  If it’s not set to automatically analyze files, click the magnifying glass icon near the top of the panel and it will display the current loudness and peace volume levels.  Then click Run at the bottom of the panel and when it’s finished, you’ll see what adjustments were made above.  You can listen to the modified files to confirm the changes before saving.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points