kishoreda
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS4 creating multiple DVDs

Nov 11, 2013 11:44 AM

Windows 7

Ram 6GB

Encore CS4

Gentlemen !

I have a footage , which is about 7 hours long(Video ntsc) , besides cutting the footage into few pieces, is there any way I can create a set of DVDs, like a let's say DVD1 through 3 or 4

Here is what I do

I import my 7 hours footage , then I create a "TimeLine" on the time line I set chapter marks and I assign each chapter mark to a scene on the main page.

Before I used to do the same thing with 2 or 3 hours footage and it would work fine , but now that my footage is too long , its says all videos cannot fit on one disk , so

Is there any way I can put them on several DVDs ?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2013 12:29 PM   in reply to kishoreda

Export smaller segments from Premiere Pro and then use Encore to author individual DVDs

If you are asking if there is a way to SPAN discs so the menu is only on disc 1 and added video is on disc 2 and onward, I don't believe that is part of the DVD specification

Each DVD is a discrete, standalone entity

Link to DVD Demystified FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/544206

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2013 12:32 PM   in reply to kishoreda

Create the separate pieces in Premiere Pro, and export as MPEG2-DVD, ready for Encore to put on disk.

Encore does not do a good job when you put a very large timeline in and crop it, etc.

4 disks will make it easier to break them up in terms of content. You are looking to keep the time under 2 hours per disk max. You can make multiple timelines per disk if that suits the material better.

You'll need to calculate the bitrate to use for the export from PR. If you calculate the fullest disk, you can use those settings for all of them. But you can calculate it for each disk, and get somewhat better quality on the disks that are not as full.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points