Skip navigation
lazyboredom
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Premiere 8.0 Elements question

Nov 11, 2013 12:48 PM

I have a clip recorded with Xsplit at 1080p with 25 FPS in MP4. Whenever I look at it in Windows Media Player, it plays fine, whenever I look at the clip in Premier it looks and plays fine. However, when I put it in the timeline, the video preview turns to a horrible quality, and when I try to play the video; the video bugs out and stops playing while the audio continues.

Any help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2013 12:56 PM   in reply to lazyboredom

Hi lazyboredom,

I am going to move this post to the Premiere Elements forum.

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 1:26 PM   in reply to lazyboredom

lazyboredom

First the usual drill for Premiere Elements 8 users.

1. Are you running the program as the 8.0.1 Update?

2. Do you have the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer features turned OFF?

3. If you have a GPU video card, do you have "enable GPU playback" selected in preferences (Edit Menu/Preferences/General)?

What are the video and audio compressions for this .mp4 file? It appears to have a 25 progressive frames per second frame rate.

What have you selected as the project preset? Is there a red line over that file on the Timeline? If so, do you render the file by pressing the Enter key of the computer main keyboard to get the best possible preview in the Edit Mode monitor playback?

Let us start here and then move forward based on your answers.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 3:06 PM   in reply to lazyboredom

lazyboredom

I have something for you to try.

What did you use for project preset? I am assuming PAL AVCHD Full HD1080i25 since there is no DSLR 1080p setting in version 8.0/8.0.1.

(Did you say what the recorder is offering in the way of video compression to go along with the .mp4 container format?)

Take that Timeline and export it to a file saved to the computer hard drive.

Share/Mobile Phones and Players/Apple iPd and iPhone/and preset = iPod and iPhone - High Quality.

Under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of that preset, have your Export Settings look as follows:

1080p.JPG

Then upload that file (H.264.mp4) to You Tube at the YouTube web site. What is the quality of the uploaded video?

We will be watching for the results.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points