Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Unbelievably POOR customer support in Elements and Revel !

Nov 12, 2013 3:17 AM

Tags: #customer_service #revel #elements_12

It would be wonderful if someone from Adobe would be willing to talk!

1 week ago I called sales to find out about upgrading from Elements 11 to 12 since an e-mail solicitation indicated that Revel could now handle albums.   I explained that I had turned Revel off shortly after I got 11 and wanted to know if this would be an issue IF I upgraded to 12.   The sales person assured me that it would not be an issue but would transfer me DIRECTLY to technical support as soon as we put the order through for 12 so I could get clarification on how to do it.   I agreed to the upgrade, paid for it and was transferred.   I sat on hold listening to music for over an hour and finally hung up due to other commitments.   

When I ddownloaded and started 12 it seemed to work and I was able to see many of my 20,000 photos on my iPad via Revel.   However, I got NO photos since I had stopped using Revel and Elements 11 via Revel 6 plus months ago.   There were several thousand that were unaccounted for.    I did a lot of searching on the Adobe website and several different forums.  I left a message last week and still have heard nothing.  All during this past week I have been seeing various comments of "Updating 100 changes of XXX's Library".   I find no change in the library.  I have started and stopped Elements 12 several times and gotten various messages of mismatched files each time but these are all photos that I know are in current albums.  The computer has been running for over a week now with the "Updating....." message constantly changing.

I contacted support by phone this morning and the queue sent me to a chat page online since there is no "free support" for Elements.  I explained my issue and was told this was complicated and the chat had to be transferred to someone else.  I went through the same discussion with the someone else and they said I had to go someplace else.   I then sat for almost an hour with the screen just being blank and anytime I tried to send a message it came back with:  "you are not currently connected to a chat representative".  I finally gave up as I do have other things to do.

I just called in on the phone to the sales department and somehow worked through a queue to a technical support area.   They had a message to leave a number and they would call back in 20 - 30 minutes.  They actually did.   After 10 minutes of going over the problem this person said they would transfer me to someone who could help.   I waited on hold for 41 minutes.  I then explained the situation to the woman who then asked me to wait 3 or 4 minutes while she looked into it.   When she returned she said I would have to pay for support and I explained that I probably would have the program canceled if I had to pay for something that doesn't work upon my first purchase.   She suggested going to the chat area again and we parted company.  I asked it there was someone else I could speak with and her only response was that I would have to pay $29 (I think) to discuss it any futher.

I have been an Elements customer since it first came out and have upgraded every time it has been improved.   I have always thought it was a great program.   I will make one last attempt on the chat line but hold out little hope for a resolution.   It would be REALLY nice if I cold hear from someone with some authority to go over this issue!

Obviously a very frustrated and disappointed customer,

Jack Davis

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 12, 2013 9:25 AM   in reply to Photo EMT-I

Hi Jack-

I'm sorry that you have had such difficulty with syncing revel and elements and connecting to support. I will contact someone in the elements group and we will address your issue.

Can you clarify whether you are having trouble seeing revel files in elements or elements files in revel?

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 9:33 PM   in reply to Photo EMT-I

John,

I am Vaishali, part of Elements team. I am really sorry for all the trouble you had using this program and contacting support.

Let me go one by one on your problem to exactly understand what you have been facing. I would really want to resolve your issues as soon as possible.

A couple of queries before then. Some of them already have answers on your prior post but I am confirming as I am bit confused with different things mentioned. Would appreciate your answers.

1. You used revel with your PSE11 catalog and now using the converted catalog in PSE12 and trying to connect your Elements 12 catalog with Revel?

2. Once you mentioned this "When I ddownloaded and started 12 it seemed to work and I was able to see many of my 20,000 photos on my iPad via Revel.". Were these 20K  media part of your Elements catalog which you got successfully synced to Revel or they existed in Revel since earlier.

How many media you had in Revel before which you exported from PSE 11 ? Did this media got to your Elements 12 catalog?

3. Looks like none of your prior albums on Revel are not being listed in Elements. please confirm.

4. Did you mark any media from Elements 12 for upload to Revel. Were they seen on Revel app?

If you could help me with the workflow, it would help me understand your problem better.

Also we would like to have a connect session with you to look at this issue on your machine. It will be an online meeting where you can show the problem to us and we can investigate what is happening. Please let me know the feasibility of this meeting. I will write a private message to you with the details of the meeting accordingly.

Thanks for your patience. Looking forward for your cooperation.

Regards,

vaishali

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2013 2:44 AM   in reply to Photo EMT-I

Jack,

Do you see an orange error icon next to "Mobile Albums" in left panel? If yes, what message do you see on double clicking it.

You also said:

For the last 8 days the Revel agent has been running constantly and says it's syncing things, but I see no changes.  Just my hard drive working like mad.  I finally shut down Revel inside of Elements.

I have attempted to drag folders from my Local Albums to the Mobile Albums but that won't work.

To confirm once, the problem currently you are having is that the media you are uploading through Elements 12 is not appearing in Revel and Revel agent keeps showing "Updating x of y media...".

I have sent you a private message for meeting details. Kindly respond back on the same.

Regards,

vaishali

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2013 2:10 AM   in reply to ~V

We had a connect session with Jack.

Since his catalog was large, it was taking time to upload media. However he wanted to start afresh by marking selected albums for upload to Revel, so we have suggested him this workaround:

1. Sign out from Revel in  Elements

2. Go to signin dialog again and choose to signin as different user. Once you do that your catalog is prepared for the new user. And all the mobile albums move to local. Now you can clean your revel library from Revel app or adoberevel.com and start afresh by logging into same revel account from Elements.

Regards,

vaishali

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points