Skip navigation
schnuggel
Currently Being Moderated

Multi-Camera editing

Nov 11, 2013 3:10 PM

Tags: #error #premiere #cc #cc7

Hi,

I am a relative newbie with premiere pro. Last year, I produced a multi-camera video under cs6 with no problems under a window environment.

now, I use OS X 10.9 and premiere pro cc7.

I created a multi-camera source file and a multi-camera destination file. I was able to use the muli-cam monitor and (I thought) i editied the cameras. (I recorded the camera views). Now, when I want to replay the "new" film, it doesn't replay it properly.

At some point, when playing it, it shows the beginning of the clips rather than what would be the correct pricture at that particular point in time.

When editing it, I didn't have this problem, and when I look at the source file, I can also see no problem with this.

It happened twice now - first time I thought it was my mistake, I re-did the whole destination file (i.e. cancelled the old, set-up a new and re-did editing.

It has now happened again.

Can anyone help? I have no clue what to do and all I want is a simple video for a kid's project.

Thanks for help

Schnuggel

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2013 7:21 PM   in reply to schnuggel

It sounds like you need to update Premiere Pro. Go to "About Premiere Pro". Are you on 7.0 or 7.1 (141)? There was a bug in multicam in 7.0 that has since been fixed.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 10:16 PM   in reply to schnuggel

Yes. You will need to redo the multicam edit, but the difference is that this time, the edits should stick after you re-open the project.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2013 7:41 AM   in reply to strypesinpost

I think this problem has returned.  I started a 6-camera multicam project in CC 7.01 only to have everything revert to the same camera angle when I re-opened the project a few days later. 

Almost all of the work I do is multicam and this is the first time I've ever had this problem.  Considering this was a 3 1/2 hour play and I was more than halfway through Act 2, this little bug has lost me a significant amount of time!  At least the cuts are still there so I only have to go back and select the good angle.

I'm on a Mac Pro (circa 2009) running Lion.  Has anyone else had this probelm **after** upgrading to 7.01? 

I have, since, updated to 7.0.2 but I haven't (dared) to close the project.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2013 7:50 AM   in reply to Allynn Wilkinson

Sorry.... I mean 7.1 and 7.2 NOT 7.01 and 7.02.

One thing I really like about "renting" this software is that I stay on top of the updates.  I've installed each one within a few days of it coming out.

I should also also note that I'm on OS 10.7.5.  The machine can't be upgraded to mountain Lion (or Maverick) but I think it's current on all of its critical updates.

The weirdest thing is I never got bit by the bug when I *was* using CC 7.0!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points