I have 2 separate projects and they are both having the same issue....
In the Project Manager > Broken Links folder no broken links display, but when I check in the HTML FIles (Topics) and Images folder I see broken links. Any ideas why this could be happening?
Some where very obvious. It was an image on one of my very important pages.
The Broken Links folder only shows links to topics that are broken. If you have image links broken these will more than likely show in the Images folder inside the same pod. Are there any red X's through the image icons? The other possible reason is that someone has manually moved, renamed or deleted an image outside of RH. If this happens, RH knows nothing about it.
You hadn't mentioned the TOC before. Are there red X's against the topics in the TOC as well. If so, this could be the same cause as the images. RH has a TOC reference to a file at the point it was added. If that topic has been changed outside of RH, the TOC will not be updated.
The files had a red x in the HTML Topics folder and in the TOC. Maybe the topic didn't have any links to it so that's why it didn't show up in the Broken Links folder. I don't have time to test that right now... One thing I have found usually fixes things is to close the project, go to windows explorer and delete the .CPD file and restart the project. I did that and haven't had any problems since...
I just encountered this same problem. I had to manually check every link and fix about 8 problems. The 'broken links' folder did not indicate any links were broken while this project was being worked on. In the past this 'broken links' indicator was always very reliable. This is a new problem in RH10 (running on Windows 7).
It's nice to jave confimation that I'm not the only one to have this problem. It happen several times and now it's been behaving for the last 2 days. I noticed that one folder that had broken links was a .fpj problem. Why is the .fpj file listed as an unused file in the Unused Files Report? It definitely shouldn't be deleted.
I have noticed the inclusion of *.fpj files in the 'Unused Files Report' but had always ignored it as just another RoboHelp "quirk." But the failure of broken links to be reported in the 'Broken Links Folder' is a big problem, as in past releases this Folder always provided accurate indications of broken links. Now I must manually check every link in a project, even if my update only affected a small number of topics. This means our writers will have to spend a great deal more time on each update.
That gave me an idea, I have Dreamweaver CS5, I added the project and I did a site wide broken link check (Ctrl+F8). It was finished in seconds. . I imagine other older versions have this functionality and probably other website builder software has this functionality.