Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Broken links not do not display in the Broken Links folder RH10

Nov 12, 2013 6:26 AM

Hi,

I have 2 separate projects and they are both having the same issue....

In the Project Manager > Broken Links folder no broken links display, but when I check in the HTML FIles (Topics) and Images folder I see broken links.  Any ideas why this could be happening?

Some where very obvious.  It was an image on one of my very important pages.

Help!

Replies
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,356 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Nov 12, 2013 7:32 AM   in reply to dh2help4289

The Broken Links folder only shows links to topics that are broken. If you have image links broken these will more than likely show in the Images folder inside the same pod. Are there any red X's through the image icons? The other possible reason is that someone has manually moved, renamed or deleted an image outside of RH. If this happens, RH knows nothing about it.

|
    Mark as:
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,356 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Nov 12, 2013 9:35 AM   in reply to dh2help4289

You hadn't mentioned the TOC before. Are there red X's against the topics in the TOC as well. If so, this could be the same cause as the images. RH has a TOC reference to a file at the point it was added. If that topic has been changed outside of RH, the TOC will not be updated.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 14, 2013 11:47 AM   in reply to dh2help4289

I just encountered this same problem.  I had to manually check every link and fix about 8 problems.  The 'broken links' folder did not indicate any links were broken while this project was being worked on. In the past this 'broken links' indicator was always very reliable. This is a new problem in RH10 (running on Windows 7).

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 15, 2013 7:59 AM   in reply to dh2help4289

I have noticed the inclusion of *.fpj files in the 'Unused Files Report' but had always ignored it as just another RoboHelp "quirk."  But the failure of broken links to be reported in the 'Broken Links Folder' is a big problem, as in past releases this Folder always provided accurate indications of broken links.  Now I must manually check every link in a project, even if my update only affected a small number of topics. This means our writers will have to spend a great deal more time on each update.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points