Skip navigation
greenzebra7
Currently Being Moderated

PSE 12 renames my imported photo folders?

Nov 12, 2013 12:24 PM

Hi, I'm new to Photoshop and elements.  I downloaded a trial version of PSE 12 to my mac, and imported my photo folders.  It looks like PSE has renemed all my folder with strings of letters and characters.  How can I retrieve my original folder names, or figure out how to identify the folders PSE has created? Thanks so much for your help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 12, 2013 8:28 PM   in reply to greenzebra7

PSE does not rename the folders on import. You can verify it by checking the folder names under folder sections on left had side pane. The left hand side pane can be invoked through Show/Hide button in bottom left corner.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2013 4:50 AM   in reply to greenzebra7

OK,now I got the problem. So just to make sure that these folder names in PSE are same as in Finder, you can select a folder and choose "Reveal in Finder". It would ascertain that folder opened in Finder has same name as in PSE.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2013 8:03 PM   in reply to greenzebra7

You need not uninstall and install PSE12 again. You can just create a new catalog and import your images in this catalog. You can create new catalog by going to File->Manage Catalogs. Catalog manager dialog box will open up, here you can create a new catalog and then import images in newly created catalog.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points