Skip navigation
JB7676
Currently Being Moderated

How do I deactivate PPro on one computer?

Nov 13, 2013 8:32 AM

A little hlp pls.... I need to deactivate so I can shift to a better computer. How do I "deactivate" when "Help dropdown" does not have "Deactivate" option (as was shown in the FAQ)?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2013 8:35 AM   in reply to JB7676

If you're using PPr CC, you no longer have to de-activate anything.  You just use "Sign Out".

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2013 9:16 AM   in reply to JB7676

Hi JB,

Which FAQ were you looking at? I can adjust the document if you point me to it.

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2013 10:06 AM   in reply to JB7676

Wow.  While I apreciate your attitude of gratitude, I can't take credit for the tip.  It's just the Adobe recommended workflow.  Not sure where I saw it first, either AdobeTV, the manual or Lynda.com.

Glad it's working for you! 

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2013 10:15 AM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

I wish that we were able to control which devices were activated/deactivated remotely from our account page. That way if you are away from "the office" on a laptop or something and needed to access your work and you never "signed out" of two other devices, you could simply hop online, access your account where you'd see your devices listed by name and you could remotely activate/deactivate the various devices. Once during the holidays I was out of town and was denied access and couldn't simply "deactivate all devices". Instead it said there was an error it directed me to contact customer service to "reset" the devices. Well CS was gone for the holidays so I was shut out for days. Nightmare situation. Adobe was gracious enough afterwards to give me a free month service which was nice since I never asked for it, but I would've traded that back in a heartbeat to have a way to deactivate/activate devices remotely. Not sure my "wish" will be granted...who knows, maybe one day.

wish here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points