Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge Stacks - bug

Nov 14, 2013 7:46 AM

Hi all,

I'm using Bridge to sort medias on a server. I added keywords and and created stackes with files.

My medias are in a "server" who allow other users with Adobe Bridge to used them.

I saw a tricky bug with my stackes. After fiews days of use, my stacks are deleted.

I know that those informations are in the .BridgeSort file and this file stay in the right place.

My problem is that this file is changed without my interference.

Has someone an idea to solve this problem?

In advance, thanks you for your help!

Bye

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 14, 2013 8:45 AM   in reply to bastieneichenberger

Supposing with stacks deleted you mean the files are still there but not any more in a stack?

Stacks can be very tricky, and for some reason they can disappear all or partly in one folder. I have this sometimes when being to fast with renaming files or some other keystrokes. it is very troublesome indeed.

Also Bridge is not officially supported for use over a network. It is very sad but sometimes I can do weeks without groups unstacking themselves and out of the blue the are gone.

For me they are for saving space in the content window and can be easily redone. If you rely heavily on stacks you better use a second safety like rating or maybe better a specialized keyword so you can find them back.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 14, 2013 8:57 AM   in reply to bastieneichenberger

Not a solution but you might be able to use a backup using "Manual Sort Backup" script in the Bridge section @ http://www.ps-bridge-scripts.talktalk.net/

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2013 2:34 AM   in reply to bastieneichenberger

You can report bugs here..

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

But anything to do with Bridge seems to be ignored, so best of luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points