Skip navigation
Jo of Surfside
Currently Being Moderated

Why does my Adobe Reader open documents in Turkish?

Nov 15, 2013 12:34 PM

When I download the program, it lists my region correctly. United States

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 15, 2013 12:42 PM   in reply to Jo of Surfside

Hi

Do you mean that the UI of the Reader software is in Turkish?  Or are the documents themselves, the content of the PDF files, showing up in Turkish?

In any event, you may want to check to see if the regional preferences in your OS (are you running Windows?) are also set to U.S..

Rob

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2013 3:53 PM   in reply to Jo of Surfside

It sounds as though the PDF file you are opening with Adobe Reader is in Turkish.  And that you are trying to download that file from a site which offers different language versions, such as English, Turkish and more.  I am wondering if this is an issue with the site that's offering up the file, and maybe we're not dealing with the user interface of Reader itself.

If you post a screen shot of what you are seeing, that would really help.  But of course, please don't post any sensitive content such as bank information, passwords, etc.

Rob

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2013 3:54 PM   in reply to Jo of Surfside

It means that the document actually is turkish. PDF files are written in only one language and it doesn't change according to your settings. It may be that a web site is delivering the wrong document.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2013 7:35 AM   in reply to Jo of Surfside

It really isn't clear - it's worth learning how to get a screen shot, it helps solve problems quicker.

But from what I can see, it looks as if you are not using Adobe Reader at all. Isn't that Microsoft Word running?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2013 8:02 AM   in reply to Jo of Surfside

Let's focus on my last point. I said "But from what I can see, it looks as if you are not using Adobe Reader at all."

I asked "sn't that Microsoft Word running?"

Please answer. If you're running the wrong program, it's nothing to do with what or how you downloaded Reader.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2013 8:33 PM   in reply to Jo of Surfside

From your photo it is obviously Microsoft Word trying to open the PDF.  You need to fix the file association for .pdf files.  If you need help with that, tell us your Windows version.

P.S. how to take & post a screenshot: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2013 2:52 PM   in reply to Jo of Surfside

Sometimes the computer (NOT Adobe Reader) gets confused about what program to run. Sometimes it's easy to fix, sometimes not. So try this instead.

1. If the statement isn't on your hard drive, save it there.

2. Start Adobe Reader.

3. From the File menu choose Open.

4. Choose the statement from where you saved it.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2013 3:31 PM   in reply to Jo of Surfside

I suggested four steps which should completely overcome the problem, though less convenient than double clicking. Where do they go wrong for you? If you get an error message, please quote it exactly and in full.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2013 7:50 PM   in reply to Jo of Surfside

Have you ever fixed your .pdf file association, so that PDF files automatically open in Adobe Reader?  See http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/change-the-program-that-op ens-a-type-of-file

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2013 6:12 PM   in reply to Jo of Surfside

No, that shouldn't matter. If you set Adobe Reader to open all files with the .pdf filename extension, then all files should be opened with that application (in this case, Reader).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points