Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Playhead Location Differs with Proxy Turned Off

Nov 15, 2013 12:35 PM

I'm working in CS6 v11.0.2.  Mac Pro, OSX 10.8.4

I have a rather long time lapse sequence for which I made a proxy of the original raw sequence.  Fine, I can scrub and marked certain locations of the footage as needed.  RAM previews were rendered just fine.  However when I rendered out to 422 HQ, everything was off...  As well as my keframed change of Position (a tilt from top to bottom)  Files were captured on a MK2

As I toggle the Proxy off, the frame changes, but Playhead stays in the same position.  I made sure the footage was intrepted at 23.976 as is the Comp.  It's almost as if there was a speed change.  Somehow things are out of alignment!

I appreciate the help!

P.S.  Somehow I'm not able to render only my Work Area, the entire comp renders at 422HQ (13 hours)  MP turned on...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 15, 2013 4:58 PM   in reply to JesseHarris

Check your project panel for frame rates for all sources. Sounds like your proxy was set up incorrectly. Can't tell with out more information about your workflow.

Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 4.57.35 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 15, 2013 10:26 PM   in reply to JesseHarris

Select your proxy in the Project Panel. Go to interpret footage and set the frame rate to match your comp. All done.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points