Skip navigation
jhartne
Currently Being Moderated

Video Audio Sync issues

Nov 16, 2013 11:55 AM

Tags: #problem #help #adobe #audio #premiere #windows_7 #elements #11 #failure #problems #premiere_elements #premiere_elements_11

Hello everybody. I'm back with a problem that I have had before. I love to record videos with my live gamer HD by AVermedia and they require editing, so Adobe Premiere Elements 11 is my editor. Whenever I playback the video that I have just recorded on my screen on Windows Media Player, everything is perfect. But then whenever I import it into Adobe Premiere Elements 11 and play it back, the audio de-syncs from the video. I record my gameplay footage at 30 frames per second, my video bitrate is 60.0 Mbps, and my audio bitrate is 128kbps. Please Help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 16, 2013 12:02 PM   in reply to jhartne

jhartne

Could you post a MediaInfo (tree version) property readout for your video file that you are importing into Premiere Elements 11 and ending up with out of sync audio? What is your computer operating system?

You said you had this problem before. How did you resolve prior problems and, if so, how?

I will check your prior threads to see if I can get some history on your situation. But, more details from you would be very helpful.

We need to know the properties of what is coming from AVermedia and what flexibility in recording settings are offered by this recorder.

More later.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2013 12:56 PM   in reply to jhartne

>Frame rate mode                          : Variable

No version of Premiere, Elements or Pro, will properly edit variable frame rate video

You must have a constant frame rate to edit in any version of premiere... more information below... about iphone video, but the IDEAS may help

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/934466

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2013 2:21 PM   in reply to jhartne

If you are inside 30 days since purchase, contact the place you purchased for a refund

As far as what "should" be done, tell Adobe at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

But, don't hold your breath while waiting... this is a OLD issue, discussed many times, so don't expect Adobe to do what you want

Variable Frame Rates for editing are a very small subset of the video market, and Adobe aims development efforts at the majority of the market

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2013 3:58 PM   in reply to jhartne

Wish I could help more, but I'm just another user... I suggest you contact  AVermedia to find out if there is a way to save as a constant frame rate, or if they have a program to edit the video they produce

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2013 4:27 PM   in reply to jhartne

jhartne

Please do not go away just yet.

No version of Premiere, Elements or Pro, will properly edit variable frame rate video

I disagree with that generalization. I have used Premiere Elements 11 and other to edite successfully video (iPod, iPhone 5). Although some have generalized that out of sync audio and variable frame rate are bonded, I have not found that to be written in stone. Each case needs to be evaluated on details specific to the circumstances.

1. Can you record your video with this AVermedia product at a fixed frame rate of 29.97 progressive frames per second? Then evaluate that along with the following.

2. Open Premiere Elements 11 to the Expert workspace. Go to File Menu/New/Project and set the project preset manually, selecting

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30

and, before exiting the new project dialog, place a check mark next to Force Selected Project Setting on This Project.

3. Back in the Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace, Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from which you drag you video to the Timeline.

a. Is there a orange line over the Timeline content? If not, are the video and audio in sync once at playback in the Edit Mode monitor?

4. For export, look at Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with preset = MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30. The default bitrate under the Advanced Button/Video Tab is Target 32 Mbps Maximum 40. If you leave the Profile at Main and the Level at 4.2, the bitrate opportunities will range from 0.19 to  50 Mbps. If you change the Profile to High and set the Level at 5.1, then the bitrate opportunities will range from 0.19 to 300 Mbps.

Please look at the audio sync before and after encoding.

Depending on the results, then I would go back and look at the recorded source with a fixed frame rate (if you can produce such a species). Also, look at lowering the video bitrate from 56 Mbps to 40 without losing quality as you get a smaller file size.

We will be watching for your results which will guide us in decision making.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2013 3:54 PM   in reply to jhartne

jhartne

1. Go through the export details as previously cited, but this time use the Premiere Elements project preset

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30 @ 29.97

Then let us know if you get the orange line over that Expert workspace Timeline when the video is dragged to the Timeline.

(A just in case note, this orange line to which I refer is above the Timeline content. I am not referring to the horizontal orange line that runs through the middle of your video clip (line is called rubberband, represents Opacity) and your audio clip (also called rubberband, represents Volume)

2. Do you know if you can alter the bitrate of the video that you are recording...say 40 Mbps instead of 56 Mbps?

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2013 4:14 PM   in reply to jhartne

jhartne

It is a long shot, but interested to see what the video bitrate down from 60 Mbps will do to the audio out of sync issue.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Depending on how things go or do not go, is there any possibility of nudging the separated audio and video into place....

Alt hold down, as you tap the right or left arrow key for a 1 frame per tap nudge. And, Shift+Alt hold down, as you tap the right or left arrow key for a 5 frames per tap nudge?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2013 4:28 PM   in reply to jhartne

jhartne

If you have linked video audio on the Timeline, right click the file there, select Unlink Audio and Video.

If you wanted to get rid of the audio in such a case, right click the file there, select Delete Audio.

Likewise, if you wanted to get rid of video in such a case, right click the file there, select Delete Video.

There is also a techique to separate video and audio where you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard and drag the audio from the video....I less prefer that.

Taking the video bitrate to 40 Mbps would be good as a baseline...either it produces an effect or it does not. If it does, then we can adjust from there.

Thanks for giving those factors a look at.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2013 7:05 PM   in reply to jhartne

jhartne

Exciting and great news.

Thinking positive thoughts as we await the verification.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)