Skip navigation
mrprov12
Currently Being Moderated

Error 5 on InDesign and others, so many issues please help:(

Nov 17, 2013 6:19 PM

Tags: #indesign #cs6 #error_5 #illustrator_image_trace #error_indesign

I purchased a student membership to CC last week and have had nothing but problems ever since. I cannot open InDesign or InCopy without getting a Configuration Error 5. It immediately quits. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the individual apps multiple times, uninstalled all of the Creative Cloud apps, cleaned my harddrive with the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, then reinstalled them one by one. I have reset permissions on SLStore, and on all of my adobe files and folders to everyone: read&write. I have done everything I can find on the internet and have talked to Adobe customer/technical services 4 times with no avail. Additionally, I am now having problems with my Illustrator: when I use image trace it won't allow me to use any color profiles. I am extremely frustrated and don't know what else to do. Hopefully you all can give me some advice, I need these programs to be able to get my schoolwork done. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

//*EDIT: I am running OSX 10.8.5 on a 2010 MacBook Pro with 8GB RAM and a 2.66 GHz processor

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2013 6:25 AM   in reply to mrprov12

You are working with Adobe tools on a notebook? Ouch! If you can, try to switch to a decent PC or iMac.

|
    Mark as:
  • jmlevy
    479 posts
    Oct 30, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2013 7:05 AM   in reply to Doc Maik

You are working with Adobe tools on a notebook? Ouch! If you can, try to switch to a decent PC or iMac.

I work every day with a Macbook Pro with 8 GB RAM and a 2.33 GHz processor. Works like a charm and I run CS4, CS5.5, CS6 an CC…

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2013 8:58 AM   in reply to mrprov12

Can you give us a screen shot of the error dialog?

I think there are two different error code 5 possibilities. One is a document that is damaged beyond repair, but I beleive when you get it on launch without trying to open a document it indicates a configuration error or bad install.

Let me google this and I'll get back....

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2013 9:07 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

Looks like the known fix is, indeed, to run the cleaner tool and reinstall: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3008803

but you might also find something useful in http://forums.adobe.com/message/5140761#5140761#5140761

I'll ping my contact in Tech Support and see if thay can take a look at this thread.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2013 9:26 AM   in reply to mrprov12

That, indeed, is the AMT configuration error.

I've pinged the tech folks.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2013 11:51 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

To get more info on the issue, we'll want to take a look at the AMT log. You can find out more about it here: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-launch-errors-us ing-logs.html

Take a quick look and see what you can find.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points