Skip navigation
rasterdan
Currently Being Moderated

RH10 Project wont save topics in Design view.

Nov 18, 2013 9:10 AM

I made a post a year ago where I solved problems in a project where we could not save topics in Design view.  We have to go to HTML view before a topic will save.  In the past we found that the problem was corrupted and or blank User Variables.  This project only has 1 variable now and when we upgraded from RH9 to RH10, our problem is back.  No other issues exist in this project ... so far ... that we can se as a result from the RH10 upgrade.

Has anyone else had this problem and or have their solution?  We have other projects like this one that have no trouble at all.  This project was created about 8 years ago and has propagated through many versions of RH where our other projects have only been through 1 or 2 upgrades.  Maybe some legacy junk is messing this one up?

Thanks,

dv

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2013 1:19 AM   in reply to rasterdan

Welcome back!

I havent seen anyone else report this so nothing to offer. That sort of confirms your train of thought about the age of the project.

Might be worth trying to delete the CPD and the PSS but back up first.

Did you get my email pointing out the problem you had with image tips is fixed in Rh10?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 14, 2014 1:35 AM   in reply to rasterdan

Let's take this one by one.

Automatic deletion of the CPD can be found in Tools > Options.

There is no export option. You will need to create a new project and the folders you require. Then you can import all the topics within any one folder in one hit.

I will email you direct some instructions for creating an APK file. They worked on three machines but not on a fourth machine.

Rh10 was changed to allow it to work directly over a network. Whilst it is not my normal method of working, I have found that a little slower with some tasks but acceptable. Adobe do make the point that it is dependant on network speed so that could be why your colleague is OK as he is direct to the network. You are using VPN though so network speed could be more frustrating. When you say "lockup" does it recover and you just have to sit and wait or are you saying it crashes? Either way, I don't have an answer to this part but I can see if Adobe can provide any information.

I wonder if you can find some time to work on one of the sample projects to see if you hit the same issues there? It would help pinpoint whether the issues are project or network related.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points