Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade install problem Photoshop CS5 from CS2, MacOS 10.6.8

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My wife was using Adobe Photoshop CS2 for a long time.  We purchased a Photoshop CS5 upgrade in 2010 through Amazon, but she never installed it after reading about problems other people had with the upgrade.  It was still in its shrink wrap seal until last night.

Then she recently went to upgrade her Mac laptop to 10.9 Mavericks from 10.6 Snow Leopard, and discovered that Photoshop CS2 will no longer work since CS2 was a PowerPC application.  No problem - we thought we'd just finally install that CS5 upgrade first.  The Amazon web page where we bought the product stated that this was a valid upgrade path, so we thought we would not have a problem.  However, when we went to do the install, we received an "Inconsistency in the installer database" error.

Going to the support live chat, we were told by Yaseer that we could no longer upgrade from CS2 to CS5 because the CS2 "server" was shut down, and we should go to the forums for help with this instead.

Now what?  We own a legal copy of PS CS2, and bought a legal upgrade copy of PS CS5 with the understanding that this was a legal upgrade path, purchased from a reputable dealer (Amazon), but now it doesn't work.  There must be something that can be done here.

I'm not using my wife's Adobe id which she used to register her product, but I can provide that id as well as the serial numbers for CS2 and the CS5 upgrade.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

run the cleaner, http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer

then try to install cs5.

if you're prompted for a cs2 serial number and your cs2 number fails, use the one linked from this page:  http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The cleaner tool only works with cs3-cs6.  It can't find anything to clean up for cs2.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no go so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines