Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste List of variables to create advanced action

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

{Captivate v7}

So, I have a list of 80-90 variables that I want to hide using an advanced action. Is there a way to paste a list of advanced actions? 

For example:

HideVariable_1
HideVariable_2
HideVariable_3
HideVariable_4
HideVariable_5

So on and so forth for 80-90 lines...

Can I put it into Excel, copy and use the paste icon on the Advanced Actions dialog box to paste in a list?

11-18-2013 4-23-32 PM.png

That would be a huge time saver, but I have a feeling it's not allowed. That would be just TOO easy.

Thanks!         

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Totally confused here. Variables are never seen, therefore are always hidden. So I'm not sure why you would ever need an Advanced Action to "hide" a variable?

Are you trying to simply clear the clutter when trying to use a Variable?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick is correct.  There is no HIDE action for variables.  You can only ASSIGN values to variables.

There is no facility to import lines to an advanced action from an Excel spreadsheet or another file.  You'll just have to add the lines manually.  You can however copy and paste lines from one action to another, as long as both actions are within the same project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I may have missused the term variable. What I meant was a group of shapes and captions on the screen that we are using as hints during a practice quiz. We use a 'hint' button to display them and an advanced action to hide them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can group those objects, but that is only possible on slide level. Then hide them with the On Enter event for that slide.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I've been doing is create one advanced action that hides all of the hint captions on all of the slides. Then I put a "Hide Hint" button on each slide that triggers the 'hide all hints' advanced action. I'm just trying to find a way to make this a little less tedious than going in and picking 'hint' and the action name over 80 times. I thought maybe someone else had an idea of how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The button you are pointing to in the screenshot is only meant to paste previously copied statements in that part of the window (IF, THEN, or ELSE).

The new patch for 7 allows you to copy/paste a full decision (three regions).

But there is no way to copy/paste from another file. Advanced actions are not a normal scripting language, it is just click and choose. That has advantages for a newbie, but also its limitations.

About the variables: can you tell what was the idea about wanting to hide them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources